HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

No fuel pressure,,,FASS and code 248

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 01:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
No fuel pressure,,,FASS and code 248

I just made it home from a 2,000 mile trip. The trip down was fine, except for one time when I left off the gas too fast under heavy load, and the turbo popped really loud. It sounded like a tire blew. But the truck ran fine.Then this morning when I started the truck, I noticed the fp was down from 20.5 to about 19. Took off, and all day it slowly kept dropping. I drained the water seperator on the FASS and the factory filter. No help. Once it got below 5 I was really getting nervouis. The last 50 mile's, I thought I was only getting 2 psi, but when I got home and looked again, it was actually 0 psi. My light has been flickering for awhile now, and tonight when I really needed it, it was gone. I was towing a 1 car trailer, loaded, and it felt like the truck was really laboring. I could tell it just wasn't running right. Fuel milage dropped 5 mpg at one point. I stopped at every truck stop and diesel supply house the last 500 mile's trying to find a filter, but no luck. I'm hoping Schied just gave me the wrong number on the phone. You guy's think it's just the filter, or could it be someting else. Ever since I installed the Fass, it has made a weird sound. It sound's like a juice harp being flicked about every 15 second's or so. But I thought this was normal. I think it's air/fuel going to the return. Is that normal.

I got a code P0248 ,,, Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid B Range/Performance . I hope I didn't do any permenant damage when I popped the turbo.

So you guy's got any input. Thank's.

EDIT:

No wonder I couldn't find a filter. Scheid told me FF5588, and FS1001. I just found my filter cross referance list and those number's are not on there.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:49 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Check all the intake/intercooler boots.
That loud pop you heard might have been one of the coming off.
That would give you a low boost condition.
Have you been seeing more smoke than usual?
Old 02-18-2006, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Check all the intake/intercooler boots.
That loud pop you heard might have been one of the coming off.
That would give you a low boost condition.
Have you been seeing more smoke than usual?
I'll check the boot's. But I've went roughtly 1,500 mile's since that. At certain point's I was doing 80 and pulling 30#'s of boost. On the way down I was hauling a big steal shed that was a 8x8x8. It was like a big air brake. I was at 20-30 #'s boost the hole way. Would I be able to see those number's if I had a boot come off. I'll go check the boot's right now. Thank you sir.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:31 AM

Sound's like it's not a lack of boost for sure.
No slam intended, but I though FASS was the "Holy Grail" of fuel systems.
It definately sounds like it's fuel feed related by your indicated fuel pressures.
Is the turbo still spinning freely?
Old 02-18-2006, 09:53 AM

No slam taken. I was just a sheep following the herd. Thought I was buying the best. I'm hoping it's just a filter. If that's case, it did what it's supposed to. Just seem's like I would have gotton more than 2,500 mile's out of it. If that fix's it, guess I'll have to polish that holey grail.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Is the turbo still spinning freely?

The lower the fp dropped, the harder the truck would have to work, and I would get a slow, minor increase in boost. Normally while cruising at 65, I would get about 5#'s,,,now it's about 12#'s.

Well I'm going out to play in the cold.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you called the person you got the FASS from? Maybe they have some ideas. Also I would try calling FASS direct to sell what they say. These pumps do have a warranty on them.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:23 PM

Well, I thought I had it fixed. Put the new filter on and I had 23 psi. That's more than I ever had. Went for a drive, and the same thing. Slowly dropped. Hit 0, but has came back up to 5. The fuel was pretty thick when I changed the filter. I think I might run some 911 through it. I can't get a hold of the place where I bought it.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:25 PM

Thick as in gelled, or thick as in contaminated with alge?
Old 02-18-2006, 08:35 PM

Thick as in gelled. I was running the ps/mmm mix about every other tank.

I just ran the tank down until I thought I was going to run out, then put 3/4 bottle of the white PS in there. No change. I'm starting to think my gauge or isolator might be bad. How would I test them. Or maybe the fass just isn't pumping much fuel. Would the truck even run on 0 psi.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:51 PM

Well I think I have it fixed. After doing the 5 gal bucket test, I determened it was not the Fass. I took the line off the isolator and blew in it. I got about 2 psi. I'm not a blow hard, so that told me at least the gauge was moving. I tried to take the isolator apart, but I couldn't get the half's seperated. I thought maybe it was stuck , or froze, or something, so I hit on it with a wrench. Put it all back together and now I have 24 psi. I don't think that correct, but I'll start a new post on that.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:34 PM

Do yourself a favor and get rid of the isolator. Then you won't have to worry about it. Isolators are know to give people problems. I started out with one but got rid of it.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bad Ramer Jamer
Thick as in gelled. I was running the ps/mmm mix about every other tank.

I just ran the tank down until I thought I was going to run out, then put 3/4 bottle of the white PS in there. No change. I'm starting to think my gauge or isolator might be bad. How would I test them. Or maybe the fass just isn't pumping much fuel. Would the truck even run on 0 psi.

Did you get the Isolator from Scheid in Effingham?
Old 02-22-2006, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by atch
Did you get the Isolator from Scheid in Effingham?
Got it from dieselmanor.com. I think the isolator was messed up. When I took the line off, there was nothing coming out of the isolator. Put it all back together, and all seem's well now.