TXDTR #8 Forum for the Texas chapter #8

December GTG at the Shop!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 06:54 PM
I watch wind blow...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RowJ
I might have missed it....ever get your oil changed?

RJ
.....about that.. . . i did not know what i was going to do with the WMO with no campfire so ill just change it tomorow. no biggie
Old 12-14-2008, 06:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What a great GTG!

'Bout as much fun as a guy can have with his clothes on.

Good to see most everybody in one place and Brian's legendary hospitality didn't disappoint... many thanks to he, Tyler, Jason & Eli for helping me swap the DD in the '05 - made a PITA job "easy" and enjoyable. Many hands make light work.

Kudos to Max for trying to help, even though - in his own words - he was "too hammered to get out of the chair".

RJ's falling asleep in the truck at Love's for 3 hours of midnight was Classic Rowland.

I think Charlie set a new record for goosing our beloved late Big Blue... never seen a man wriggle like a gaffed fish that long before.

Still haven't figured out how Justin talked us into lifting his bed with loaded toolbox off the frame by hand, when we were all stone cold sober?

Rob + Crown was anticlimatic for once, but he looked kind of cute swaddled in his Old Man blanket with his Christmas-sy wool hat on.

Too much fun with all the weaponTry... glad we left Oscar's before the Black Helicopters arrived.

Also, we discovered Brian is even more fun when he's Fixing Gunpowder than when he Fix Fire!

I need a mailing address for Oscar so I can send him a Christmas card.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by XLR8R
Also, we discovered Brian is even more fun when he's Fixing Gunpowder than when he Fix Fire!

I think Charlie set a new record for goosing our beloved late Big Blue... never seen a man wriggle like a gaffed fish that long before.
You need to find a way to post that video!

I didn't know Big Blue could giggle like that!
Old 12-14-2008, 07:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Well, the good news is that the removing and the replacing of the bed was not for naught. The gauge appears to be working. I was showing about an 1/8th of a tank when I left Brian's and I went over to Love's and put in 27 gallons. After getting back to Dallas, the gauge is just coming off the full mark so it looks like things are back in business. Finally, no more guessing how much fuel I have.

Thanks to everyone for the helping hands in getting the bed off and back on. Definitely seems to be easier than trying to drop that tank and get it back up into place.

Now I just need to clean up my wiring while the spare tire is still out. Don't want to end up with a Big Blue "all red" wiring job, so I need to pretty it up some.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:44 PM

Man, what a great time. Lots of work got done and some excellent food was eaten.
Brian, I don't think Oscar will ever be able to run cows on his land if he ever wanted to, there is too much lead
Sorry to be a let down on the entertainment end, there is always next time
Thanks again to Brian and Oscar for the use of the shop/tools/house etc and to Lisa and David for cooking an awesome dinner.
Got my BD short shifter installed and a fuel filter changed. Really liking the BD.

Mike, get a hold of me before you send that XMAS card
~Rob
Old 12-14-2008, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by AggieJustin
Don't want to end up with a Big Blue "all red" wiring job, so I need to pretty it up some.
Speaking of BB's wiring jobs, did anyone get a picture of the screw in his positive battery terminal for the fail thread?

~Rob
Old 12-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by hotdram
Speaking of BB's wiring jobs, did anyone get a picture of the screw in his positive battery terminal for the fail thread?

~Rob
BrIan did. At least it's holding up pretty well for a sheet rock screw.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Chapter President

I know I saw picture of that battery terminal on Brian's computer.
I sure had fun, too bad I couldn't get there soon enough to get my truck in the work line.
I was worried for Tyler, I saw Justin pull out one of those flexible small part grabber (that's the official name) out of a drawer and saw Charlie coming that way while BB was playing Superman that S.O. (another official name) I figured we were about to see a serious violating going on.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Chapter President

54 Cal Black Powder to a 22 Cal......and most of everything in between.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by crobtex

Edit

^^^ I'll be spooning with this baby tonight. ^^^
Old 12-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Chapter President

And I bet Mike is going to be trying to figure out if he can afford an AR after today.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Chapter President

BTW, computer guys might want to have a look at this. This is what happened on my laptop, someone figured out a way around it, just not a full solution yet.
http://shannonclark.wordpress.com/20...-firefox-2008/
Old 12-15-2008, 01:52 AM

Wow! Sounds like you guys had a blast! IN more ways than one.

Congrats Mike on finally getting in that DD Clutch! And to all the other projects completed.......and shots fired.

I definately picked the wrong meet to miss.

I got alot done here including going to Jared's band concert. I have never heard a middle school honors band play as well! I thought I was at the Dallas' Symphony.

Hopefully will catch yall on the next one. In the mean time you can post pics of all the awesome food I missed.....that Dom ate in my absence!

Old 12-15-2008, 05:52 AM
Chapter President

We couldn't have asked for better weather. And one things for sure, we don't have that kind of weather the next day...its 25* here this morning!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:13 AM
Chapter President

"The Shop" where all the fun took place.

Quick Reply: December GTG at the Shop!