TXDTR #8 Forum for the Texas chapter #8

December GTG at the Shop!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
December GTG at the Shop!

Alright guys think our October thread is past expired...
GTG will be weekend of 12th - 14th at 'the shop' in FF

Past around some pms to see if there was interest in a December GTG before the holidays

We have 'ins' from:
Crobtex
Mike
RJ
bnold
The late BigBlue
Oscar

Probably Maybe- DuallyDog
Firm Maybe- TexasCTD
hotdram- Most Likely Maybe

Looks like Friday and Sat nights are good for staying over... Plan on Dinner being taken care of whichever night ends up with better attendance.

I think Mike is planning on clutch install
crobtex has a HPFP to go in
hotdram has a short shifter.... To install that is... No personal experience on my end...
I may start work on my Optima relocation...

Rules we will keep the same as at Charlies regarding drinking.
Rules will hopefully be vastly different than that of Charlies regarding Fire....
Probably 30-35' high 150' around VERY tightly packed burn pile needs to get burned... Weather and burn ban permitting... (Rain would be nice prior)

Uh what else??... hmmm bring sleeping bags or whatever... 3 couches inside the shop and probably a couple blow up mattresses if need be...
Old 12-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dom won't get my steak this time!
Old 12-01-2008, 11:52 AM

That's Fairfield, Tx ....Right? (Just for those that did not know).
Don't forget my 'Wait to Start' Wire install.... on Turbo Timer.

Also, Brian...ever hook up your 'oil temp' wire for Adrenaline? I'd be interested in directions/supervision if it's not too complicated.
I can be there early Friday...if you want some help to torque that head

RJ
Old 12-01-2008, 12:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My FP gauge is back to reading 5 psi again. I think the problem is in the tubing or connections to my gauge and not the isolator. The gauge acts the same as it did before the new isolator and it started within a day after installing the new isolator.

I am also getting some occassional erratic readings on my rail pressure gauge......like it "doubles" the reading. It will stay that way until I turn the truck off....and then it will be fine when I recrank. At least for a while, then it will either read fine or go back up again. So I don't know if my gauge is bad or my MP-8 is effecting it somehow or if it needs to be hooked up a different way.

My A/C blower has been giving me fits for a couple of years too. I turn it on and it will blow fine and then if I stop the truck and turn it off.....the a/c blower will stop blowing and not restart. I have had to reach under the passenger side of the dash and tap it with my flashlight and then it will usually start blowing again. Lately it has just gotten weaker and weaker so I have to retap it even going down the road. Very frustrating. Well on my trip to Mississippi for Thanksgiving I hit it a little to hard (old school police ways..) and broke the plastic. So now I have a hole in my plastic a/c ductwork. I guess I will have to buy another one or get one from a junkyard or something. The a/c will still blow (with a tap) but now im getting in outside air. Any ideas besides duct tape?

Old 12-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Chapter President

Looks like I'll be there sometime afternoon on Saturday and I'll be needing assistance from our in house electrical technicians. And you mind if my guys come along?
Old 12-01-2008, 03:39 PM

Me and my short shifter should be there on Saturday, staying over 'til Sunday.

~Rob
Old 12-01-2008, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by hotdram
Me and my short shifter should be there on Saturday, staying over 'til Sunday.

~Rob
.....let me know how yours works out...the ones i have messed with it made the truck hard to shift into gear sometimes....coarse we also changed the gear oil over to non-Castrol Synt oil......
Old 12-01-2008, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
That's Fairfield, Tx ....Right? (Just for those that did not know).
Don't forget my 'Wait to Start' Wire install.... on Turbo Timer.

Also, Brian...ever hook up your 'oil temp' wire for Adrenaline? I'd be interested in directions/supervision if it's not too complicated.
I can be there early Friday...if you want some help to torque that head

RJ
Yep Fairfield, TX 90 miles south of Dallas on I45

Wait to start will be a piece of cake and definitely worth it!
I'm using my oil temp probe in my AMSOIL dual bypass... Easy setup and works great... I know there is a 1/8" NPT on the driver side of the block where I think you could put the probe in... I know there is oil pressure there.. Will have to investigate it a bit..

Sounds good on the torque! I just want a good TQ wrench to use... Still haven't got mine calibrated... Maybe you will have a new one by then??
Old 12-01-2008, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
My FP gauge is back to reading 5 psi again. I think the problem is in the tubing or connections to my gauge and not the isolator. The gauge acts the same as it did before the new isolator and it started within a day after installing the new isolator. We should be able to figure something out... Did I ever mention I hate isolators??

I am also getting some occassional erratic readings on my rail pressure gauge......like it "doubles" the reading. It will stay that way until I turn the truck off....and then it will be fine when I recrank. At least for a while, then it will either read fine or go back up again. So I don't know if my gauge is bad or my MP-8 is effecting it somehow or if it needs to be hooked up a different way. Maybe bad connection... some electric gel stuff

My A/C blower has been giving me fits for a couple of years too. I turn it on and it will blow fine and then if I stop the truck and turn it off.....the a/c blower will stop blowing and not restart. I have had to reach under the passenger side of the dash and tap it with my flashlight and then it will usually start blowing again. Lately it has just gotten weaker and weaker so I have to retap it even going down the road. Very frustrating. Well on my trip to Mississippi for Thanksgiving I hit it a little to hard (old school police ways..) and broke the plastic. So now I have a hole in my plastic a/c ductwork. I guess I will have to buy another one or get one from a junkyard or something. The a/c will still blow (with a tap) but now im getting in outside air. Any ideas besides duct tape? Nope... My switch is acting up for my AC

Old 12-01-2008, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Duallydog
Looks like I'll be there sometime afternoon on Saturday and I'll be needing assistance from our in house electrical technicians. And you mind if my guys come along?
Cool sounds good... Other guys are welcome, but probably limit the steaks to the core #8 group... you included of course! Welcome to bring some for the grill though!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
.....let me know how yours works out...the ones i have messed with it made the truck hard to shift into gear sometimes....coarse we also changed the gear oil over to non-Castrol Synt oil......
Mine was fine until the dual disk... then it was a bit of a pain at times...
Old 12-01-2008, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
...Sounds good on the torque! I just want a good TQ wrench to use... Still haven't got mine calibrated... Maybe you will have a new one by then??
Maybe a new used Matco, freshly recalibrated. Will find out at the Dyno!

RJ
Old 12-01-2008, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
... Still haven't got mine calibrated...
Maybe Mike could bring his for comparison.... to see if your is within tolerance? JAS.

RJ
Old 12-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Chapter President

Good to hear I'm still part of the #8. Will we need more grilles I can strap mine down and bring it along, maybe we can install a remote start and turbo timer on it. (of course we would also have to install a turbo to make that work too)
Old 12-01-2008, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Duallydog
Good to hear I'm still part of the #8. Will we need more grilles I can strap mine down and bring it along, maybe we can install a remote start and turbo timer on it. (of course we would also have to install a turbo to make that work too)
Should be ok on grilles!
Cant make any promises on the Remote start... looks like we will have a good bit of projects going on... But if there is time I will give it a shot.. Man those things are involved!

Quick Reply: December GTG at the Shop!