Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Trip Pa to Fl Disney World

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Trip Pa to Fl Disney World

November I'm heading to Disney with the Family pulling 27' TT 6000lb. Can anyone recommend a nice clean respectful campgroung to stop at in the South Caralina / Goergia area? I would perfer the location to be write off 95? I'm planning one stop each way. So my return trip I'm thinking I should make it to South Caralina / Virginia area any sugestions? This will be my first trip pulling that distance so if anyone has any other input that will be of assistance it will be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:14 PM

Jekyll Island, GA has a great campground to stay at! Beautiful place! Here's a blip from the website:

"Jekyll is convenient to I-95, take Exit 29 and follow the signs east on U.S. 17 for approximately 10 miles. Turn right onto the Downing Musgrove Causeway (GA 520). Be sure to stop at the Jekyll Island Welcome Center 4 miles on left. Cross onto Jekyll and through Collection Station (a $3 Daily Parking Fee required) and begin your escape to Jekyll! For detailed driving directions (link to mapquest)"

http://www.jekyllisland.com

Tony
Old 09-01-2004, 02:20 AM

If you will be traveling I-95 so in S.C. your best place might be the South of the Border. As far as the rest I would stay at an KOA, they are usually pretty good for the kids & adults alike.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:35 PM

Jekyll would be a nice place to stop on your way down if it isn't too far. we stayed there for 4 days and had a blast.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:18 PM

I'll second (or is that third?) the vote for Jekyll. We stay on the island next to it (St. Simons) once a year and always make a day trip over to Jekyll. It is very nice, quiet and peaceful. Have not actually used any of the camping facilities though.

~Rob
Old 09-01-2004, 06:34 PM
Chapter President

If your only doing one stop each way then Jekyll Island, GA mite be a haul about 800 miles from Philadelphia PA of the 1000 miles to Orlando
I think a stop about half way in South Carolina at a KOA would be best
You will run into heavy traffic on 95 from Jacksonville to Daytona and on 4 from Daytona into Orlando......of course the traffic in the south is still not as bad as it is in the Northeast
Old 09-03-2004, 08:43 PM

We've stayed at the KOA in Florence, S.C. and its a good clean campground right off of 95. I mean less then a mile. You can see the interstate from the campground. If all you're doing is stopping for the night this is a good spot. It's about an hour inside the S.C. border.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:08 PM

we travel to bike week every year from lancaster pa. our stop ( although its just a break not a sleep over ) is south of the border. use the restroom, grab a cup of coffee and off we go again. other than fuel stops thats our only stop. 2 drivers taking turns and no tag along though. id still say south of the border or within 50 - 100 miles after south of the borer would be a good point to stop. just my 2 cents, scott