TNDTR #34 Forum for the Tennessee chapter #34

Thanks to Performance Garage Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to Performance Garage Dyno

I did not stay long, but stayed long enough to confirm my truck was defueling due to the cam code. Got to figure what is causing this code. Big thanks to Chris at Performance Garage for letting us use the dyno and to you guys for letting a Ford in the mix. Here is my chart disappointing as it is.

http://good-times.webshots.com/video...ost=good-times
Old 03-01-2009, 02:14 AM

how were you able to tell that it was defueling? i thought that maybe the 2 "faded" lines were like a A/F ratio thingy ma bobber but they drop off and you still make HP and TQ which dont make much sence, if they were showing that you were defueling then you wouldnt still be making power... im not saying that your not defueling just curious as how you were able to tell.

btw those numbers are not that disappointing, at least in my book.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:02 PM

Dont get me wrong 500hp feels good but I know there is a lot more in this truck. My truck wont even haze smoke in the top setting as it sits with the cam code. I have gotten the code to clear once(dont ask how) and had a lot more boost and smoke, so thats how I know it is defueling. THe dyno just showed the numbers to be low and that it had nothing after 2700hp where more than like it ran out of fuel. Going to take it to Beans in the next week or two and put in on the scanner and see whats going on.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Chapter President

Wish I had those numbers!!

Just want to thank everyone that showed up in the frosty weather! Can't believe I had 4.5 inches of snow on the truck this morning!! South Texas looks better every year!

Again thanks to all that showed up and ran or stood around. Hope everyone had a good time and next year I'm gonna move it into warmer weather. Hopefully one of those nice spring days where it's about 70 outside......no rain???
Old 03-01-2009, 08:53 PM

that was an awesome ford! Hopefully I can do this again with yall, but only if it is warmer.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by lap_traffic
that was an awesome ford! Hopefully I can do this again with yall, but only if it is warmer.
thanks, I has been a lot of work with a lot of help from friends getting that truck together.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:35 PM

I had a awsome time watchin everybody run. Wish Matts ford could have ran better but it will in time I'm sure. Shawn I think regaurdless of what we plan its jus goin to rain. LOL Maybe next time it can be a lil warmer. Thanks to Chris for lettin everybody run and hang out there at his shop for the day.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Chapter President

Your probably right Chris, we could plan a dyno day in the sahara and it would likely rain and be cold the morning we showed up! Seems it was frosty last year and that was on March 17 or something like that!

Maybe we could market that to drought stricken places. Ship us there for our dyno day and we'll guarantee rain!