TNDTR #34 Forum for the Tennessee chapter #34

2008 2nd Annual TNDTR SMOKE EM' IF YOU GOT EM' BASH

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:27 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 2nd Annual TNDTR SMOKE EM' IF YOU GOT EM' BASH

Well, I said yesterday that I would post this towards the end of December so not to jump the gun......well I jumped the gun. Might as well get this discussion under way so we can get as many people there as we can.

I plan on having two vendors at the dyno that day, which will be on March 15, 2008 at the Performance Garage in Smyrna Tennessee. He has a spot so we can grill brats, burgers and dogs(not the real ones) and we'll get more specific on food needs as we get much closer. We can either elect people to bring certain things or each person can pay $$ to a certain person who can buy the food, again this will come later but just "food" for thought

The vendors, well, one of them will be me and I'll be giving something away to the first place hp champion and I think it's time to start making the trophy.....homemade something, but also a prize. I would like to get a second vendor, some of you guys from yesterday know who but I need to be sure to have a good turnout.....20 plus people or more should do it. We were not that far off last year I believe we had 11 so that was good.

So put it on your calendar, tell your boss that is your day and not the customers day.....I do and tell them I by golly aint working been planning on it for months and they understand. I usually put it on the boss's calendar right at the first of the year, the new one he puts up and then I show it to him on his calendar and say, "I need this day off, just a little advance notice". The second vendor deals in diesel aftermarket parts, if you needto know more private message me or call as I believe they are not vendors on the site here and I don't want to stir up anything.

If you have friends in "brand X" diesels they are welcome but one of you Dodge guys better win my prize.....don't wan't it attached to no Ford or Chevy!!

So that should just about cover it,

WHEN: March 15, 2008
WHERE The Performance Garage, Smyrna TN
TIME I'm thinking maybe 10am, but this is up for discussion. Input from those who attended last year would be appreciated. I know we started at 8am and then we were done real early. So 10 or 11 am?? What do you all think??

Any questions message me or call, my number is floating around here everywhere.

Oh yeah, and I would like to extend the invitation.....if approved by the members of TNDTR, to the Mississippi and Alabama DTR members, also Georgia and Kentucky if your willing to drive the distance. So if you TNDTR members have no problem with them showing up let me know on this post. I just don't know about the prize though, I'd still like to see one of the TN people get that. What are your thoughts about that?? Input, Input
Old 12-03-2007, 10:13 PM

Far far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier! We need anyone and everyone with a diesel truck. The more Dodge trucks the better to hedge the "trophy" bet. Just my 2 cents.....
Old 12-03-2007, 11:15 PM

Just make the prize for the strangest truck, then a TN guy will get it! I will look at all my calenders tomorrow and mark the day out. I've got to get to work if I want to show a bunch of you overvalved guys up! hmmmm, hey shawn, maybe we could make that a 3am day... weld the frame then install an HT3b on my truck! lol. Thanks for putting all this together!
Old 12-05-2007, 04:32 AM
Chapter President

Not a problem Mark, 3AM We got a few weekends before the event. Now you have the welder I'm bettin' a set of twins is in order for a certain 1st gen truck. I've actually thought about a 1st gen for my wife to haul my kids around in, has to be 4x4 and extended cab, need to get rid of the fold out seats though and have real seat back there for 3 kids. Still think the late 90's Ford would be better, 4 door and then later dump the 7.3 for a 12 valve.

Anyhow, called vendor yesterday and main man not there. I left a message so should here back maybe today. Started working on the 1st place trophy, it's gonna be different!

So what do you guys think about best in show, most unique truck kinda things? Not to sure what could be offered as prizes though other than some homemade award by yours truely.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:29 PM

Hey Shawn, if you want to "make it", I'm sure someone will "take it". My truck wouldn't win either.....It's up to you, if you've got the time....works for me.
Robert
Old 12-14-2007, 05:14 PM

Hey guys! I'm from Memphrica. I just spoke with my boss and got off for the 15 of March so unless the old beater breaks down I'll be there. I aint sure how far Smyrna is, but I'll find out. Anyways, let me know if there's anything I can do. I am currious as to how much $ to attend and participate. Any info I need would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 12-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Chapter President

Ken,

Welcome and on March 15th I look forward to seeing ya. Last year it was $75 to dyno and that was a couple runs, play with your programmer(if so equipped) and such. If you get into severe tuning, adjusting plates or whatever you 12 valve guys do I believe he said it would be more due to more time spent on the dyno, but not much more.

Keep watchin the threads and more info will be posted.

Shawn
Old 12-14-2007, 11:46 PM

Inviting whoever from wherever is fine with me for dyno day. I've really got to get busy and get my truck back together. Do we get a discount if we run 2trucks on the dyno?
Old 12-15-2007, 12:07 AM

I just moved back from Texas and would like to join up. I dont' have any mods and don't plan on doing the dyno but can we pay to stay? Thanks Aaron
Old 12-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Chapter President

Aaron,

being part of the chapter is free and coming to the meets is free, mostly unless we do food and such then it's what ya eat. Your welcome at the dyno day and don't have to run. As far as cost for that day, well it depends on what we'll be doing as far as food goes so maybe a couple bucks from people to eat-drink or we'll do like last year and hit the roadhouse for lunch.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:53 PM

What if a Ford wins it with a Cummins in it? hehe

March 15th is questionable for me, wife is due on the 17th

I will come if I can and smoke out his poor shop if I get a chance. We need to make chris a smoke tube that will hold up, all those road race cars covered in soot isnt pretty lol.

I may put up some booty for a prize, let me think about it. Maby a coupon or sumthin.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:15 PM

Bean,I had the same problem last year. My wife was due about anytime around the meet. She did let me go but said I better use all that HP I had been working on making to get my butt home if she called! Is this your first?
Old 12-17-2007, 06:18 PM

Yup first for me. My wife would kick my *** if she went into labor the same day.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Chapter President

Well, IF a Ford happened to win by some miracle......I guess they could get the prize.

Now Mark is gonna have me out building twins and stuff til' all hours of the night so this don't happen!!

Congrats on the new baby Bean!! I'll never forget when my first one arrived, now she's 10!!!

Ford, Chevy or Dodge, it don't matter diesel is the keyword at the dyno day and a little friendly Ford bashing is just good fun!! Yes, you Ford and Chevy guys can bash me and my Dodge won't be anything I ain't heard before.

I think Chris said the smoke tube won't fit the 5" tips. I forget who it was that hazed the shop last year....well I know one who is gonna smoke it bad this year. Kinda hard to get the smoke tube to the hood of the truck!! Hmmmmm, I wonder who that is??
Old 12-19-2007, 10:49 PM

Shawn you may be mostly off the hook. Another 1st gen member with twins is doing some headwork so he will have the pipes off. He's offered to duplicate them for me! We'll see if I can afford it, lol. He does REALLY nice work, makes the hotpipe look like that "coolmouth breeze" thing you overvalvers use before the downpipe, should flow really well. If I can get that stuff done then the hood stack will be off the truck, oh well, it has been fun. I just don't know about my head holding, I will have to limit the boost on the twins, won't realize thier full potential.

Quick Reply: 2008 2nd Annual TNDTR SMOKE EM' IF YOU GOT EM' BASH