Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

why

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by P.J
I like how you ask,.. shoot, they aren't going to smack your hand or anything.

"May I"
Even though I was being polite, I have not received a response.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by piperca
May I ask a question? Hopefully, this will be okay. Is CFM+ a sponsor on this site?
Do you have a link to a fer-instance?
I tried a search for CFM+ but only came up with many references to Cubic Feet per Minute.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:46 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Do you have a link to a fer-instance?
I tried a search for CFM+ but only came up with many references to Cubic Feet per Minute.
I don't know who he is talking about either.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Banned

cfm is a new carbon fiber air intake like a ats arc flow. they advertise in diesel power mag.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
If Lary(Top) hasn't heard of them, it's a safe bet they're not a paying advertiser....yet.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
cfm is a new carbon fiber air intake like a ats arc flow. they advertise in diesel power mag.
Thanks

In answer to the gentlemens question, they are currently NOT paid sponsors.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:00 PM

Here is a link to the discussion about the intake, which includes a URL to the item. Recently, I was "warned" for talking about the AFS fuel system that I had installed. Please tell me what is different about this discussion. My two point infraction that I received today was deserved, since it was construed as a type of advertising in my signature, but my post about the AFS was, in my opinion, no different than what is in this post.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Banned

THis is what he is talking about

Another CF member "booted" from DTR...
Well I guess I got the boot I cant do anything on the DTR site. I guesss I have no problem with it its "theirs" to do with as they choose other than I have a few objective points.
1) No explaination of why I assume it was for my (while it is a free country to do with as you choose), somewhat conservative views on what some folks choose to do. I guess I made the "wrong" statement in one thread one statement out of hundreds of posts I've made. I have never posted something I would be ashamed of my wife or kids to read.
2) While I support the general "family values" statement they portend in their mission I warn the line to the powers that be over there the line between "family values" & Stalinism.
3) Since I have recieved no response as to why I was booted & I dont actually really care other than the point of it. I have emailed thier sponsors that I have done business with and let them know my displeasure with DTR and where I as one customer have gone.
While this may or may not have any effect if "DTR" wants to play those "games" so be it no loss to me.
Long Live
Free Speech, alot of folks have paid for it.
AST Lex Topper, PIAA Driving Lights, XM

2000 18' Carvelle 4.3 I/O Bowrider
1998 Harley Davidson Wide Glide-Stock,Big Dual Shotgun Pipes
1965 Gal-Stock,Big Dual Shotgun Pipes Picked up in 1987
got clutch?
Old 10-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by piperca
Here is a link to the discussion about the intake, which includes a URL to the item. Recently, I was "warned" for talking about the AFS fuel system that I had installed. Please tell me what is different about this discussion. My two point infraction that I received today was deserved, since it was construed as a type of advertising in my signature, but my post about the AFS was, in my opinion, no different than what is in this post.
You placed an ad for that product, in your excitement you went beyond posting info on a new product you found and instead placed a blatant ad for the product.

But you know all this as we already went over this in private.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
But you know all this as we already went over this in private.
That's not quite true, Lary, you sent me a warning, I sent you a response and that is where it ended. I'm sure, it's suffice to say, your understanding of the incident was conveyed and that was enough.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by RAMROD2006
Well I guess I got the boot I cant do anything on the DTR site. I guesss I have no problem with it its "theirs" to do with as they choose other than I have a few objective points.
1) No explaination of why I assume it was for my (while it is a free country to do with as you choose), somewhat conservative views on what some folks choose to do. I guess I made the "wrong" statement in one thread one statement out of hundreds of posts I've made. I have never posted something I would be ashamed of my wife or kids to read.
2) While I support the general "family values" statement they portend in their mission I warn the line to the powers that be over there the line between "family values" & Stalinism.
3) Since I have recieved no response as to why I was booted & I dont actually really care other than the point of it. I have emailed thier sponsors that I have done business with and let them know my displeasure with DTR and where I as one customer have gone.
While this may or may not have any effect if "DTR" wants to play those "games" so be it no loss to me.
Long Live
" Thanks Jackie,

Ahh another rant from a person who still thinks that getting something for free, entitles them to their money back
Old 10-22-2006, 08:11 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
What is your point? There are those who won't agree with how we run the site here. For them, there are plenty of others out there. Obviously, the person chose another site and I'm sure they're happy over there. All the best to him, or you, or whoever posted that. As it stands here, we don't have any plans on changing how the site is run. It's obvious that the majority of users agree with us here. If they didn't, our site wouldn't continue to grow the way it has, and posts, hits and god knows what other kind of stat you can find wouldn't be increasing; but it is.

So with that said, once you've gotten to the point where you're crying "****" or "Stalinism", then Godwins Law has to apply.

Before we put our new system in place, it was almost impossible to notify everyone that we made a change or removed a post. There were just too many of them for the amount of moderators we have, and the explosive growth in posts we've experienced. With each rule violation, the user is now notified except on very rare occassions.

We've been through this over and over. There is nothing else to explain.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by RAMROD2006
Long Live
Nothing new.. THere are tons of threads like that on the other sites.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Banned

I didn't say that

Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
What is your point? There are those who won't agree with how we run the site here. For them, there are plenty of others out there. Obviously, the person chose another site and I'm sure they're happy over there. All the best to him, or you, or whoever posted that. As it stands here, we don't have any plans on changing how the site is run. It's obvious that the majority of users agree with us here. If they didn't, our site wouldn't continue to grow the way it has, and posts, hits and god knows what other kind of stat you can find wouldn't be increasing; but it is.

So with that said, once you've gotten to the point where you're crying "****" or "Stalinism", then Godwins Law has to apply.

Before we put our new system in place, it was almost impossible to notify everyone that we made a change or removed a post. There were just too many of them for the amount of moderators we have, and the explosive growth in posts we've experienced. With each rule violation, the user is now notified except on very rare occassions.

We've been through this over and over. There is nothing else to explain.

I was just posting what the uproar was about that way yall gals would know.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:18 PM
Banned

Ok now its got me mad, why is it that since iv only been a member for a moth or so and only have 148 posts that that is an issue, ithought post counts dont matter here, man you guys are just oneways, what ever you say is always right, i know its you site and all but no one is perfect, not telling you how to do it because it is yours but youtry to solve problems and make members feel like contibuting not bann them and forcing them to leave your site to go to another, power in numbers 1900 plus members. Dont get me wrong i do like the site it has got alot of good info and a lot of great guys, dont hold my short length of membership and 149 post decide wether what im saying is wrong!

Quick Reply: why