Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

why

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why

Why is this site so touchy about links and crap that does no harm, are ther really that many little kids reading on this site?
Old 10-22-2006, 07:08 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel Dummy
Why is this site so touchy about links and crap that does no harm, are ther really that many little kids reading on this site?
"That Many" isn't even part of the equation, One kid or one wife is enough.
We have adult male members who don't want to see a bunch of filth in the forums.
There are other places on the 'Net for "adult" language.
We feel that mature adults should be able to get a point across without resorting to vulgarities.

Forum Rules

You agree, through your use of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you and you show proof of ownership or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material and you can show proof of consent. In addition, for the use of this forum, profane posts should be considered those completely spelled words, or partially spelled words with use of keyboard symbols that suggest a profane meaning. We repeat, profane posts will absolutely not be tolerated on this website and its forums.

Spam, flooding, advertisements, group buys, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate on DieselTruckResource.Com. If you are a vendor, and use our private messaging system to Spam other users with your products, you will be banned immediately, no questions asked. Do not send private messages to users trying to sell your product unless the user sends you an inquiry message first. If you purposely register more than one username, all of your usernames will be banned and removed until verbal or written explanation is given to the webmaster.

If you are not a paying advertiser on the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, you may not place advertisements in your signatures or posts for your products or website. Paid site advertisers may post information on special deals or sales in the public forum ONCE PER MONTH. Pricing may not be given in the post. The post shall not contain full details of the sale or special. The post must contain a link to the vendor website that better explains the special or sale. Again, you may never publicly post pricing on your products. If someone asks, you may answer them privately. Members may only advertise for vendors or websites who are paying advertisers of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum. You may become an advertiser by visiting our Advertise with us page for more information.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Banned

not saying anything about profanity, thats not my point, and i did read the rules my point is that a link to someones product that is not a sponsor of this site is not allowed, that is not right.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
not saying anything about profanity, thats not my point, and i did read the rules
Well then say what you actually mean, so that the rest of us can have a clue what you are talking about.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Banned

did
Old 10-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Banned

you can read for yourself
(That thread is for users only and won't open for DTR members.)
Old 10-22-2006, 07:25 PM

If you're refering to links to sites with profanity, then the same rules hold.
If you wouldn't say it, in front of my Mother, don't say it/post a link to it here.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:27 PM

It says I must register/log-in to see that section..........
Old 10-22-2006, 07:31 PM

May I ask a question? Hopefully, this will be okay. Is CFM+ a sponsor on this site?
Old 10-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Banned

maybe you oughta register so you know what im talking about, or is that aginst the rules?.........................
Old 10-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
maybe you oughta register so you know what im talking about, or is that aginst the rules?.........................
I am not going to register on another site to answer your question.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:36 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by piperca
May I ask a question? Hopefully, this will be okay. Is CFM+ a sponsor on this site?
I like how you ask,.. shoot, they aren't going to smack your hand or anything.

"May I"

It says I must register/log-in to see that section..........
Sign in Ed. You are a member there, aren't you?
Old 10-22-2006, 07:37 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Register for what? We have enough to deal with here. As you can see, we have about 1900 members online right now, and about 1300 posts to look through. The last thing I need is to look over other forums.

Quite honestly, if there is a forum you would rather frequent other than here, we're not stopping you. The rules are here for a reason and if you can't abide by them, then there is nothing I can do for you. It's been this way for a very long time and we don't play favorites.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Banned

i love how someone who has only been a member for 1 month, 148 posts, is trying to get into an arguement with the folks who provide this forum for the rest of us. Calling shovelhead a dummy, not a good idea. maybe you would be better off stopping this or just go somewhere else. It seems that every once in a while, there has to be someone who just isnt happy following the rules of a free site, or has to try their best to cause trouble. what a shame.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by P.J
Sign in Ed. You are a member there, aren't you?
Uhhhh, no, I'm not.

Quick Reply: why