Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

why

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are trying to ignore you guys... If you haven't noticed
Old 10-22-2006, 08:42 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by piperca
I appreciate your honesty, Lary, and do admit the title of the thread may have construed an advertisement, but it was not. It was a legitimate thread about a product I have installed on my vehicle, just like any other that is discussed in this forum. I do not have any affiliation with this company, other than spreading the word about the system, which was exactly what I was doing! I posted the same title in two other forums and did not have an issue. In my opinion, the content of the thread was no different than the CFM+ thread.

I have no affiliation to the person making the Swanker either, other than I may be purchasing and installing the intake. You said I was able to post a URL to a product without issue. This is what I did in my signature. Under "future mods" I listed the name of the intake and attached a URL to it. I did not try to push the product on any other member, merely listed the name and a hidden URL to follow, which is much less blatant than what I was allowed to do. I'm now totally confused as to what I can and can not post!
If you would take time to read the rules, all of this can be avoided. DTR reserves the right to advertise in it's forums and signatures for PAID vendors only.

I know that is a strange idea for many people to grasp, but the idea behind it is to protect our sponsors. If you were paying to advertise here, you would be a little upset if somebody else got to do it for free.

So with that in mind, we do not allow links in signatures to anyone other than a DTR vendor. Again this is spelled out clearly in the rules that EVERYONE here agreed to when they registered on this site.

The best advice I can give you is to make your self aware of the forum rules, that way I don't have to step in because you accidentally violate them.

They can be found here; https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...p?page=privacy
Old 10-22-2006, 08:43 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by RAMROD2006
3......One to hold the bulb, two to turn the ladder!!!!!!!!!

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=91517&

Time to lighten the mood......
Banned

if you read one of lary's earlier post on this thread, you'll understand what I am talking about. As far as anyone acting childish...........

post counts do not matter. except when we are hassling big blue for getting to 10,000 twice. It is the manner in which your thread started. hostile. not ok. generally when there is someone making a fuss, they are new, usually they dont have the number of posts you do, usually much less. there are different means of discussing or questioning some of the rules. if your 'tone' had not be construed as hostile, there wouldnt be 3 pages of posts from several different folks about this thread.
I for 1, am done with it.

Do you blame them? I think all of the points have been covered. Why keep saying the same thing over & over again.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Luken
They are trying to ignore you guys... If you haven't noticed
Not in the least, I don't care to waste my time on frivilous nonsense with someone who is NEVER going to get it anyway.

piperca has offered up legitimate questions and I am trying to answer them for him so he has a complete understanding of the issue and we can put it to bed.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by RAMROD2006
Long Live
Free Speech, alot of folks have paid for it.
It's funny.. Some folks come into another person's home, and claim they can say anything the danged well please. Guess what? This is Jack's home, you follow his rules. If you can't, the front door is right over there..

Free speech has nothing to do with it. This is a private site, and you are a guest here. If you can't abide by the rules, don't get bent out of shape when someone holds you to them. 'Nuff said.......
Old 10-22-2006, 08:47 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by carcrz
Do you blame them? I think all of the points have been covered. Why keep saying the same thing over & over again.
Agreed, if it were a valid subject we would cover it.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Banned

Here ya go

A blonde and a brunette are skydiving.

The brunette jumps out the plane and pulls the cord -- nothing happens.

She pulls the emergency cord and still nothing.

The blonde finally jumps out of the plane and yells "Oh! So you wanna race, huh?"
Old 10-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Banned

Just seems to political here or like being in grade school, i will abid by the rules as they are set, and i know every one makes mistakes and has to man enough to own up to it, which i think was done a few posts ago and im glad, but im getting flamed because of my post count, and noone has told me if that is against the rules and this guy is a chapter president.
I also know i got a warning a few days ago about profanity being in a link that i posted for everyone else to check out,i was not aware of it i was there for the pics not the posts, but if it was against the rules then so be it, just thought it was not fit for a warning is all, but who am i to say its not my system and i only have a few posts under my belt to back up my authenticity.
I guess im done ranting and will leave it be, but i will be now aware of what to do in the future! Get more posts to have the power to speak up
Old 10-22-2006, 08:53 PM

Dude, you've been here a month. That's a ton of posts in a month. Hope all is well between you fella's.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:56 PM

I've got a question...what vendors on here manufacture there own intake horns?
But there will be all kinds of forums www.cumminsforum.com www.tdr.com www.dieselplace.com all types of adminstrators at these places with different tolerances to the "spamming" but from what I've heard dtr has really good info...just seems that things get out of hand. But hey if you want to take all the toys from the sandbox and make us play with what you give us. Fine and dandy, you pay for the server space not me. I personally don't spend much time on here as you can see.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Diesel Dummy
Just seems to political here or like being in grade school, i will abid by the rules as they are set, and i know every one makes mistakes and has to man enough to own up to it, which i think was done a few posts ago and im glad, but im getting flamed because of my post count, and noone has told me if that is against the rules and this guy is a chapter president.
I also know i got a warning a few days ago about profanity being in a link that i posted for everyone else to check out,i was not aware of it i was there for the pics not the posts, but if it was against the rules then so be it, just thought it was not fit for a warning is all, but who am i to say its not my system and i only have a few posts under my belt to back up my authenticity.
I guess im done ranting and will leave it be, but i will be now aware of what to do in the future! Get more posts to have the power to speak up
Actually you have it backwards, we don't allow the gradeschool antics here, which is exactly what has you upset.

You violated the rules plain and simple regarding profanity by posting a link that contained it. You were sent a WARNING because it was your first time, it was our intent to get your attention and let you know we expect you to post like an adult here.

It obviously worked, but instead of taking it like a stand up guy and saying "Opps I won't do that again", you got angry and thus we have this thread.

I see people deal with issues in two fashions here, 98% of the guys get a warning and learn from it, then move on without another issue. Then I see guys who moan and whine because they simply refuse to admit they made a simple mistake.

It grows on them, they start making senseless posts like in this thread and eventually they can't stand it and get banned all together.

And for what? pride?... ego?... just too dang proud to admit they screwed up?

I have had posts removed here myself, I don't whine about it, I simply try to do better the next time. It doesn't have to be a personal issue, some people just want to make it that way.

I guess the point I am trying to make here is choose your battles wisely, be sure what you are all worked up about is really worth it.

We don't consider ourselves perfect, and we don't expect you to be perfect either. We do however expect you to NOT post links to profanity on this site.

Is that really such an unreasonable request?
Old 10-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by 01sbc
I've got a question...what vendors on here manufacture there own intake horns?
But there will be all kinds of forums www.cumminsforum.com www.tdr.com www.dieselplace.com all types of adminstrators at these places with different tolerances to the "spamming" but from what I've heard dtr has really good info...just seems that things get out of hand. But hey if you want to take all the toys from the sandbox and make us play with what you give us. Fine and dandy, you pay for the server space not me. I personally don't spend much time on here as you can see.
The owners of those sites are responsible for how they run them. I do not second guess them nor do I care how they do it. That is their business and none of mine.

I take care of my OWN Business, which seems to me to be the best way to go through life.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Banned

diesel d, please check your private messages. I dont plan to have a public war with you. so maybe we can discuss differences quietly.

there is a loyalty that just happens with some of us. This thread started out as hostile, and I take offense to that. Nothing more. Nothing personal. Just gotta look out for the guys who keep us here.

Quick Reply: why