Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Are there any moderators awake?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are there any moderators awake?

I am looking for a moderator who might be awake at 9:43 pm pacific time 12/9/05. I PM'd Phox Mulder but would like an answer to a question I have and I don't know if he is online right now.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:16 AM

Alright I'll just throw it out there and see what happens. I'm new here and still learning and trying to remember all of the rules and regs. I think I may have violated a rule and I appologize if I offended anyone.
For some reason I was able to post attachments in the body of a thread. Now my ability has been turned off for some reason. The little smilies on the side are gone too.
If someone violates a posting rule are they generally warned and told of their mistake before having their options taken away? If there is a special rule to posting pics like having to have them in an album and approved first then how do I get that album going? I tried last night to get an album submitted and it didn't go through.
I don't think I posted anything offensive,or non family oriented, but if I did then again I appologize. I recieve PM's faster than e-mails so if someone wants to comment on this subject and not in the open forum please PM me.

goodnight all,
Steve
Old 12-10-2005, 05:22 AM

There really isn't an ability to turn off smilies for each individual. It's an all or nobody type thing. As for the album, ya gotta give it some time as it has to be approved by one of the mods.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:08 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Are you still having the same trouble?
There is no graduated ban.
Either you is, and you won't be able to post, or you ain't.
Might try to log off, then log back in.
It has happened to me a couple of times before.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:40 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mmmhuh, which policy did you think you violated?
Old 12-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As Shovelhead has said, try logging off and clearing your cache (temporary internet files and cookies). Then log back on and see what you get.
As for attaching pictures,,, the pictures need to be hosted somewhere on the web or in our site in your Gallery. Their URL address has to be put in between the [IMG] tags in order for it to show up on the forums. Posting attachments from your computer is turned off for every member. PM me if you still have problems.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:08 PM

Thanks guys. I thought I might have posted too many, or too big a pic, heck I don't know. I just didn't want to get kicked off of here. I'm just getting started. This site seems to be loaded with all the knowledge I need.

So I tried relogging in and deleting my cookies. I am assuming that is my cache too. If not please guide me to that one. I also got a PM about only getting the smilies on the right side of my reply window when I quick reply. Well I am not getting the quick reply option. If it is not a system on your end it may be a firewall here at work. If you guys have anything else for me to try before I assume the firewall is the problem I would appreciate all your input.

Steve
Old 12-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Your cache is your temporary internet files, clear them out and shut off the browser before logging back on. Also be sure your browsers internet options are set to always load the freshest (newest) page.