Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

sticky FAQ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 03:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sticky FAQ??

for a forum like this where there seems to be a whole bunch of traffic, a lot of information, yet very focused.... it could use a FAQ section.

ive been watching this forum for about 5 months now, and i see a lot of the same threads, same questions, and same information being spewed out over and over again.

if the admin and/or mods took some time to compile a list of the most frequently asked questions, or the most common problems, and a link to the answers to them, youd have a lot less repetition from new users looking for answers.

ive been partial to the sections pertaining to my vehicle(check sig), and have noticed a WHOLE LOT of threads relating to 47RE problems, injection pump problems, DTC's, and lift pumps... steering issues... #53 block stuff. the same stuff over and over again.

it would be cool to see a thread that had straightforward links to other threads on this forum that dealt with the above problems.. all the while helping new people find solutions quicker, less load on the forum from repost threads, and less time spent by the same people answering the same questions over and over again.

just my $.02
Old 06-22-2006, 05:40 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you mean something like this?
<--click here
The link is at the top of every page, plus if people would take the time to use the Search function, they would find quite a few of the answers to repetitive topics.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
BTDT over in the 1st gen section. Things are still pretty repetitive, I don't think it changed much - except now we can tell the newbies to go read the sticky instead of answering the question again.

It takes a good bit of time to pull something like that together, and we are all volunteers here. I did it over in the 1st gen section, but I don't have the expertise to do it anywhere else.