Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Scam attempts from DTR classifieds.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inline6power
he is gettin trickier. i just got one from the micheal guy listed above and the message he wrote me was very convincing. said that is was interested in my injectors and wanted to know the lowest price i would sell them for and how many miles were on them. nothing said like contact me via e mail , it was just a plain jane message askin about my injectors. told him they were not for sale anymore.
Very funny, I had same inquiry for my injectors too.
I knew the trick, I've been online for a long time, I know my "turkeys".
At first I asked what was this about, he replied about my part (??) listed online, and I replied they were still for sale.
He wanted to send payment for it and my best price.
I replied asking $ 3000 (injectors were only $ 200), he replies with "Great I will take them" (what a Maroon).
I sent him Rice County Sheriffs name and address, I'll let him deal with it.

I receive many of these email, I just reply with Sheriff's address for delivery, that what they are there for
Old 04-15-2007, 07:29 AM

WOW funny, I was typing this and my PM lighted up, a new URGENT message from Walcott :

walcott Is a good person
urgent
Hi,
1)is this item still available for sale?
2)where are you located?
3)may i know why, you want to sell it?
4)Has this item has any damage before?
5)can i see more picx?
6)do i need to repair?
7)what year is this item manufactured?
8)what is the final price?
9)can you help me determine the weigth?
10)i have a friegth company on my own will be available for pick-up of the item? because the operate 7:00am to 7:00pm mon-saturday will you accept a certifeid cashiers check or a postal money order,i will like to know your full name and address with your phone number so that my secretary can issue the payment out to you and i will be glad to read from you soonest..you can respond back to this email....walcott_laure@yahoo.com...thank

Spank this kid Lary !!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2007, 08:05 AM

It keeps on going, here's his reply and mine (remember I am selling a set of $ 200.00 injectors):

-----------------------

Originally Posted by Valv
Originally Posted by walcott
Thanks for your mail i will like to tell you that i really so much appreciate your mail and i will like to know the final price of the item and i will alsi need the condition...

Thanks..

I guess I can let it go for $ 3400 bottom price
Old 04-15-2007, 08:11 AM

This is in REAL TIME right now another reply:

Originally Posted by Valv
Originally Posted by walcott
Thanks for your mail, i will like to tell you that i really so much apprecaite your mail and i aggree with the price of the item,i want you to consider the item sold to me and i will like to know your full name and address in order to issue out the payment,i can are sure you that very soon you will receive the cheque and i wil l like to ask you some question and the phone number
1)can i trust you?
2)can you be available when the shiping company comes?
3)do you have more pics of this item?
4)would you be able to cash the check the same day you recieve check? some EXTRA FEE will be added to the check which is meant for shipping,friegth company,with custom dues and documentation. so as soon as you receive the check, you are to cash the check and deduct your sale money and also deduct $30 for any inconvinece,send the extra fee to shipping company .so you make sure that some changes to be made like making the change of ownership and papers- work please make all the necessary ready for the shiping company.

Thanks...

Ok, no problem, I will just deposit the check but I accept only cashier's checks. money orders or cash on delivery.

Here's my address, I will ship as soon as I receive payment:

Richard Cook
118 NW 3rd Street
Faribault, MN 55021
Old 04-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

So you gonna send him a box of old spark plugs or rocks.
That would be pretty good payback. Or a 50# box of bricks. Let him eat the shipping cost.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:22 AM

I just got the EXACT same "URGENT" message from Walcott about my Lukes links.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:09 AM

I got one of these today from my classified ad on here the email was walcott_laure@yahoo.com
Old 04-15-2007, 10:24 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Well I guess going to the PM option didn't help much. These guys are doing this stuff real time and it's hard to keep up with them but the last guy Walcott is gone, for now. Who knows how many of them are out there.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Banned

Jack Sent you my e-mails

Shane
Old 04-15-2007, 12:14 PM

Wow! After reading this thread I guess the next time I sell or buy something I'll have them meet me in an old abandoned warehouse down at the dock. Cash in one black briefcase and the item in the other. Stand off 50 paces with guns drawn.... Sorry I've been watching too many movies late at night! Seriously thanks to everyone who posted. I didn't realize the problem was this bad!
Old 04-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Banned

I got the same email that P.J. described in the beginning of this thread last week from two different email addresses in regards to my tires. Told him I appreciate the interest but don't deal with scammers...he acted surprised and asked if I thought all people on the internet are scammers....Two days later same email with a different email name...
Old 04-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by B.A.Ram
...he acted surprised and asked if I thought all people on the internet are scammers....Two days later same email with a different email name...
I guess he answered his own question.