Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Scam attempts from DTR classifieds.....

Old 04-12-2007, 05:29 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Scam attempts from DTR classifieds.....

Just wondering if anyone else is getting contacted with OBVIOUS scam attempts from your items listed in the classifieds section here?

It would be much easier if these people would just say, "Hey, I want to buy your (blank), let me know how to pay you". But no, they go into some long, poorly worded paragraph that makes it so obvious.

Make sure you don't let this fool mess with you, he has a @yahoo address, he must just be browsing the classifieds and popping off e-mails to members here.

Here is what he sent me (twice in a row):
2006 Stock clutch

I saw your advert while surfing via the internet and am willing and highly
interested to buy it,i am interested in the i immediate purchase of the item
you have placed for sale, get back to me via my email if it is still available
for sale.
Are you the owner???
what is the condition like ?.
send its recent pictures if available.
What is your last offer price???
I want you to know that you will be getting the payment inform
of a casheir check or a Money order I look forward to read from
you soonest.
kindly get back to me with your full contact name and address
including phone number in which the payment can be sent to as i
will be making the payment for the final asking price.
Best regards...
What an idiot.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got this e-mail too. I told them paypal only... I had sold some high end binoculars or thought I sold them. They send me the money order went and deposited it and waited bank called me two days later... Check is fradulent!!! !!! So I e-mailed the pile of poo! and they had the gumption to send me another one.... So seems how my mom works at the bank she called around and yeeep it's fradulent!!! We are now contacting the F.B.I. What a joke...

Originally Posted by P.J
Just wondering if anyone else is getting contacted with OBVIOUS scam attempts from your items listed in the classifieds section here?

It would be much easier if these people would just say, "Hey, I want to buy your (blank), let me know how to pay you". But no, they go into some long, poorly worded paragraph that makes it so obvious.

Make sure you don't let this fool mess with you, he has a @yahoo address, he must just be browsing the classifieds and popping off e-mails to members here.

Here is what he sent me (twice in a row):

What an idiot.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:41 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Is it a member here or just some random person?
Old 04-12-2007, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by jrs_dodge_diesel
Is it a member here or just some random person?
Random person...it was going around a year and a half or so ago too! Send me a check for $18K for my $2800 turbos, and wanted me to send them the rest! I'm fine with that...wait on the check to clear, 10 days later, Counterfeit!!! So I email the guy back and he can't believe it, gives me a big line of crap, and the next thing I hear from him is his "wife" emailing (in the same screwed up sentences) to tell me his partner had him thrown in jail because of what I did to him...ya, what I did to HIM!

Don't walk, Run Away from crap like that!

Chris
Old 04-12-2007, 08:02 AM

I'm getting e-mails from two IDIOTS Michael Johnson --- MichaelGarry101@yahoo. Can't seem to get these two yahoosto stop emailing me. Thanks Steve B.

Last edited by Totallyrad; 04-12-2007 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Profanity S/L
Old 04-12-2007, 08:52 AM

Location: Frozen Northern Minnesota, Darn Close To Where Perma-Frost Begins...
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Had a similar incident on ebay. What great fun, I ran that fool around the block like you can't imagine. Came close to getting him to send ME money.
What a chance you have to out scam the scammer.
I reported it to ebay with all 40 emails, what a waste of time, they don't care.
Even reported it with all the evidence to the MN AG's office (Now there's a group of monkeys Edit a coconut). All they had to do was gaff the fool, I already had him played out along side of the boat.
Scam the scammer and YOU get HIS money. You are the only one who cares about you. The fed's, ebay, your state ag (attorney general) they don't care....
Get'em......
Old 04-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Anytime you guys get these you need to send me a copy of them so I can work on eliminating them when I can. Specifically the email addresses can help as I have banned a few of them that way.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by signature600
....next thing I hear from him is his "wife" emailing (in the same screwed up sentences) to tell me his partner had him thrown in jail because of what I did to him...
Hmm, very interesting that a partner with no authority under the law can just randomly throw someone in jail. I've got a few dirtbags that I would like locked up, do you think this character may be able to help?

Are there actually people out there who believe any of this stuff???
Old 04-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by smokindog

Unfortunately there is indeed...
Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by smokindog
Hmm, very interesting that a partner with no authority under the law can just randomly throw someone in jail. I've got a few dirtbags that I would like locked up, do you think this character may be able to help?

When they contacted me the first time they made it sound like a clean bam bam deal.. My family needed the money for medical expences so I was happy that I could get the binoculars sold to help out then come to find out It was fradulent it was a slap in the face... Darned good thing I hadn't sent the $3000 in binoculars to them. I was smart enough to wait threee days!!!

I am not saying I am gullable but I was made to believe this was some very honest people... I hate it. If I knew where to drive I would drive acrost the states to be ontheir front door steps!!!!

Shane
Old 04-12-2007, 09:23 AM

Maybe thats why there are some adds here with no responce's in the classifids ?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:25 AM

They do this to people on the horse sites 10's of thousands of dollars
Old 04-12-2007, 09:46 AM

I advertise some stuff other places for sale also. anytime I see someone say I saw your advert I automatically delete it or send them scam someone else or some choice words. everything I have bought on here has been good. I dont sell junk parts to ppl either. I dont care for the scammers its not cool. I can pretty much tell when a dtr member asks a question its normal responses.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:38 AM

got an email from this character this morn.........same guy you'all are talking about. copy coming to ya Larry---------if I can figure how to send it to ya
Old 04-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Banned

i used to have a copy of a trojan horse virus saved on a floppy, when i got a scam email, i replied with it as an mailing address label/attachment. some strange reason, they never replied back............

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scam attempts from DTR classifieds.....