Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Big thanks to RIFLEMANUSMC for helping out dodgezilla and myself!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Big thanks to RIFLEMANUSMC for helping out dodgezilla and myself!!!

I would like to give credit where credit is due and thank RIFLEMANUSMC for getting to the bottom of the scam for myself and dodgezilla. He has gone above and beyond the call of duty for me on this board. Thanks buddy..Your pal out here in California....Justin
Old 08-13-2009, 09:21 PM

Thanks Detectiveriflemanusmc!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:34 PM

Not a big thing. I could only hope that other members would also cover diesel brothers behinds...
Old 08-15-2009, 12:07 PM

They definitely do that! I got ripped off on buying a turbo back when I was stupid enough to send a guy $750 in a certified check. I honestly was contacted by several members at a couple sites who were willing to take a road trip with me to Illinois and get my money back, or else. They seemed to be more mad than I was. I guess being the "Nice Guy" on these boards has it's perks. Anyways, I did not take them up on their offers but Larry Doran, that scumbag in Chillicothe Illinois, is lucky I'm not a violent person...
Old 08-15-2009, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
They definitely do that! I got ripped off on buying a turbo back when I was stupid enough to send a guy $750 in a certified check. I honestly was contacted by several members at a couple sites who were willing to take a road trip with me to Illinois and get my money back, or else. They seemed to be more mad than I was. I guess being the "Nice Guy" on these boards has it's perks. Anyways, I did not take them up on their offers but Larry Doran, that scumbag in Chillicothe Illinois, is lucky I'm not a violent person...
Nothing wrong with being a nice guy. That's what makes this site stand out.

I have purchased several items from members here and ONLY one failed to send me the item. The rest were extremely pleasant to deal with.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:05 AM

Yeah, this would have been my first time being "Burned" here. Heck, I bought a stock turbo here a couple years ago and the seller refused to take my money until he sent it to me and I was happy with the condition!
It does, however, seem like there are more and more people jerking others around with stuff in the classifieds. Some people are in no hurry to get things done but for someone who is buying a new part they get a bit anxious and when a week has passed they start thinking they have been scammed. The seller may just not have gotten around to sending the parts but if you have promised to get it out then do it!!!
Anyways, this seller has promised to make things right. Maybe he really was out of town, I don't know since I have heard that before. I'll definitely post up once the mailman brings me something.....
Old 08-16-2009, 10:33 AM

Yeah, this would have been my first time being "Burned" here. Heck, I bought a stock turbo here a couple years ago and the seller refused to take my money until he sent it to me and I was happy with the condition!
It does, however, seem like there are more and more people jerking others around with stuff in the classifieds. Some people are in no hurry to get things done but for someone who is buying a new part they get a bit anxious and when a week has passed they start thinking they have been scammed. The seller may just not have gotten around to sending the parts but if you have promised to get it out then do it!!!
Anyways, this seller has promised to make things right. Maybe he really was out of town, I don't know since I have heard that before. I'll definitely post up once the mailman brings me something.....
Amen to that good buddy. When i see the part,i will believe it...
Old 08-16-2009, 07:05 PM

I hope it turns out good... Not really good on knocking on doors anymore.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:19 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
We try and get to the bottom of these scams as well. Sometimes we get it solved and some other times we haven't been able to do so. In this case, I'd also like to thank Rifleman. Great detective work, Marine.

Just beware of what you're getting into with purchases, and if something does happen that isn't on the up and up, be sure and pm us the info. Lary, myself and the other moderators will always try and do what we can to help.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:05 AM

Got a Postal Money order just a few minutes ago. Thanks again to those who got involved to help.
And thanks to the member who made things right. It may have all just been a big misunderstanding but I'm happy now. And for gosh sakes, if you make a deal here or at any other site be prepared that the other member will want their stuff quickly and you really should let them know if there will be a delay...

Out
Old 08-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Originally Posted by Riflemanusmc
Thats too funny.. Do you do any side work?

Glad everything worked out fine
Old 08-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Riflemanusmc
Originally Posted by cincydiesel
Thats too funny.. Do you do any side work?
Well, the reason that he's not good at knocking on doors anymore is because he can't see them... When you're 402 years old, they don't make a prescription to correct that vision. That, and when he was growing up, they did not have doors, just rocks over the holes of the cave.

Probably can't get his hand up that high anymore, anyhow.

JUST KIDDING, Preston!
Old 08-17-2009, 06:15 PM

Got the airraid mit today. I also hope the member was just out of town. Special thanks to everyone who was involved in this,especially the diesel guru himself(riflemanusmc)....Dodgezilla,glad you got yours pal!!!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:00 PM

Now I have to find something else to spend this money on........
Old 08-17-2009, 09:53 PM

Now I have to find something else to spend this money on........
I'm thinking a good steak dinner, glass of wine. And a backrub/footrub for that Bride of yours.... Cause we all know she's been crabbing your butt over this....LOL

Quick Reply: Big thanks to RIFLEMANUSMC for helping out dodgezilla and myself!!!