Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

XZT+/Xzillaraider differences

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 03:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking XZT+/Xzillaraider differences

Howdy Gang,

I am buying one of these two boxes within the next month...just have to set the money aside from the next two paychecks to get there without overextending myself. I've read great things about the new XZT+ box, but the older Xzillaraider box makes bigger power numbers. What are some of the main differences? DDP Stage 2 or 3 injectors are the next thing on my wish list of mods after I get the Goerend tranny. My goal is to make about 400hp.

I like the idea of being able to update the XZT+, but am not sure whether it will be able to get me to the numbers that I want to get to. Keeping in mind that injectors are on the horizon, which would be the best choice?

Without a doubt I'm going with one of the two Quad boxes because I've read such great things about them on here and the guy that owns the shop in Fresno that I buy from thinks very highly of their products and them as a company.

If anyone has any other good ideas, I'm wide open and willing to listen.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:56 PM

the zxt+ plugs into the map sensor and data link connection just like the Edge ez, and controls through the can-bus. 65 hp is about all you can get from this method, but the xzt+ fuels harder down low than any other box of its type that i've tried. The xzilliraider taps the pump wire and works like an Edge comp thats the reason for the larger hp gain over the xzt+. If you are looking for that kind of power and are not afraid to tap your pump wire I would wait for Quad to come out with his new race box. It is going to fuel harder than the xzilliraider but also be usb upgradeable like the xzt+, it's going to be really sweet. I've heard maybe 180+ hp.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:32 AM

Thanks for the info, that's exactly what I was needing to know.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by tmansfield33
Thanks for the info, that's exactly what I was needing to know.
I have the xzillaraider and love it for the $320 i paid... I can't wait to stack the XZT+ on and see what happens.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by sledneck1
I have the xzillaraider and love it for the $320 i paid... I can't wait to stack the XZT+ on and see what happens.
I'm very curious about that combo myself. Please keep us posted on your progress.