Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

WOW!!! This thing is rad!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW!!! This thing is rad!!!!!!!!!

Well, if it works as well as they say it does. It is a tranny controller box made by Emjay Engineering. It does everything I can think of!! I'm gonna have to get one when I can. ;D ;D ;D<br><br>Why haven't I heard of these before?? This makes every other aftermarket tranny box look lame because it does a LOT more (than any other box I know of anyway). The ATS box only controls lockup. It locks/unlocks at one preset speed. The emjay box has a separate speed for each. The best box that DTT offers only controls a few of the other items this box does. It even has three different profiles to choose from on the fly. You can customize each one. I saw this in another thread, but I can't remember where. Well, for those of you that didn't see it, here is a link to what I'm talking about:<br><br>http://emjay-eng.com/emstratcon.html<br><br>Download the calibration program and take a look!!!!! I think it is awesome. Here is a link to the download page: <br><br>http://emjay-eng.com/emsof.html<br><br>Just click the download in the second sentence and then follow the instructions to install the program. Dang it looks cool! ;D<br><br>Best of all, it is even affordable. IMHO it is downright cheap for what it does. Well, like I said at the beginning, if it actually works. Someone get one of these things and tell us if it works!!!!!!!!!!! ;D<br><br>Disclaimer: not affiliated with Emjay Engineering in any way. <br>
Old 12-09-2002, 06:52 AM

Re:WOW!!! This thing is rad!!!!!!!!!

This does look like it has potential pass it on to bill k at DTT he will tell you straight up if it works.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:31 AM

Is anyone using or testing it that can reply? Seems like there is some intrest in the product.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:12 AM

Hmmm. Intersting product. One drawback - I searched for an address. None found, just a phone number and an e-mail. Sooo, that tells me they have no storefront. I'm not sure I'd be the first to put it in my truck and be the test pig.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:37 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

[quote author=StakeMan link=board=7;threadid=8075;start=0#77815 date=1039447888]<br>Is anyone using or testing it that can reply? Seems like there is some intrest in the product.<br>[/quote]<br> Working on an eval unit right now I will keep you posted.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:15 AM

SFtopSGT <br>I am interested in this product. I have the ATS tranny with their controller. From day one I have wanted more transmission control. It seems that at some speeds/loads the tranny shifts hard. I like the idea of different profiles so one could set it up to be smooth as an everyday driver, then up the shift points to take advantage of the full span torque curve for towing, and then go all out with the teeth jarring shifts to compliment the comp box in level 5X5. Please keep us posted on this one.<br>
Old 12-10-2002, 08:12 AM

Will the Emjay work with a 12 valve or is it for 24 valves only?
Old 12-10-2002, 10:29 AM
Banned

It says for the 47RE tranny so I guess as long as your truck has that, it should work. It sounds like a pretty slick setup. Lots of stuff for us guys to play with. ;D
Old 12-10-2002, 11:14 AM

Thanks for all the interest in the product. I'd like to respond to some points brought up in this thread.<br><br>We have no storefront because were a primarily a manufacturer. Emjay Engineering LLC is a new company founded by me, incorporated in March of 2002. I personally have well over twenty years experience with electronics and computers (even before there were PCs), and have wrenched on every vehicle I have owned (and some of them needed a LOT of wrenching!)<br><br>The controller does not modify shift feel, as this is controlled mechanically by the line pressure adjustment and throttle pressure. It does add some adjustability, so in theory, you could adjust the pressure and/or throttle valve cable, and use the controller to tame side effects, or adjust shift points to your preference. I personally did this on my truck before I installed a new T/C and V/B with good results.<br><br>The Emjay Engineering website is there to promote the product, and make it available to anyone who wants one. Our longer term business plan is to sell to installers and retailers.<br><br>The core of the controller is its ability to modify part-throttle shift curves, something that no other product on the market does. Emjay Engineering LLC has a patent pending on this technology. The additional features were added because they add tremendous value to the product, without adding a lot of additional cost to either you, the consumer, or us, the manufacturer. When you buy a separate controller for TC, exhaust brake, shift control, there is a lot of duplication. You have a separate enclosure for each, a separate circuit board, wiring, connectors, splices, etc. Besides, there's no guarantee that functions won't conflict with each other.<br><br>D/C and Motorola and Tyco don't make the PCM connectors available commercially. The connectors are not made by any second sources that I could find. That means you have to splice the harness. The STRATEGY controller adds industry-standard Weather-Pack connectors to your harness. The connections that I have chosen can be used by any aftermarket manufacturer to attach their product. I would like to see this connection become a &quot;de-facto&quot; standard for accessories, so you dont have more than one scotchlock or t-tap or whatever for a given wire.<br><br>Anyway, I have to get back to work now. Feel free to call or email me with any questions you might have.<br><br>
Old 12-10-2002, 11:32 AM
Admin Team Leader

emjay,
Thanks for the information, looks like a very exciting product and we look forward to doing a Review article here on it.

I have corresponded with &quot;Mike&quot; at EMJAY and he has graciously offered us a unit so that we can put it to work on a vehicle and show you exactly what it is capable of doing.

This will be posted in the Technical articles section as well as an update here as we move along with the project.

Keep an eye out for this, it looks to be a very informative article!

Thank you emjay and Welcome to the site!
Old 12-10-2002, 12:04 PM

I guess my previous post was a bit sarcastic :-[. I tend to be rather cautious a new products as we are always inundated with &quot;great and wonderful&quot; stuff that will increase fuel mileage and HP. Hey just look at fuel magnets, 'swirling air cleaners', and some sort of muffler thing that is supposed to suck the exhaust right out of the engine! It's great to see a company put up a test unit to allow the public to determine how it performs. I'll be interested in reading SF's review.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:29 PM
Admin Team Leader

As vssman pointed out, Anytime a manufacturer puts his stuff out there to be seen like this it really builds my confidence in the product.<br><br> There is a great deal of snake oil out there and there always will be. As consumers we want to get at least what we are paying for. I sent away for some information on one of these &quot;whirling exhaust wonders&quot; you have all seen, just to see if they would even respond to me. I was not surprised that they never did.<br><br> That says volumes to me, and even though it is exactly what I anticipated I still hate to see this in the industry.<br><br> My hats off to Emjay Engineering.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:34 PM

Told ya it's COOL!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)<br>I wanna get one!<br> ;D ;D ;D ;D