Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Who says Bank$ stuff is outrageously priced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who says Bank$ stuff is outrageously priced!!!!

check out my newest purchase......http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=260082308043
got this stuff for the g/f's 01' truck, for what we use it for it really doesn't need alot of hp, but the extra ponies & a little more fuel economy can't hurt & I got it all shipping included for $490!! I know most don't really like the Banks stuff, but for the $ so long as it all works like it should then I figure I'd be hard pressed to go wrong, I've already sold the VA box & the 4" downpipe, & will have an extra exhaust manifold laying around as well as possibly a stock turbo, & maybe even the turbo I got with it with the 14cm housing, since I already have one & really don't need to swap/sell it now, so what'ya think, did I do ok????? LOL Dusty
Old 02-07-2007, 08:53 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh, i was wondering who won that auction. i was keeping me eye on it. ebay was how igot the banks kit for mine. i don't know if you also got the manual, but you can down load it from banks site.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:00 PM

yeah I asked the guy about the manual, but haven't gotten a return yet, he sent a message & said he'd ship it out on fri.,I thought it was a pretty good deal for all the parts included, I may have to download the manual ???? how do you like your powerpack?? is it the 145hp?? box ( yes I realize I'll not get 145hp out of it!! LOL ) & does yours run to 1250* & then just die off???? thanks, Dusty
Old 02-07-2007, 09:13 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
i like it. i drive a little over 100 miles a day to and from work and every other weekend i load up a 11 ft h&h camper & a 20 ft trailer with 3 quads and 1 dirtbike and head out to glamis. pleanty of power, economy and reliability for that.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:15 PM

and as for the egt's, i dont like to take a motor much over 1300* anyways, so...
Old 02-07-2007, 10:32 PM

yeah I understand the 1300*, but was just curious as to whether that's the way yours worked or not???? I'm hoping so since this is going on the g/f's truck, I figure better safe than sorry right? LOL Dusty
Old 02-07-2007, 10:47 PM

well i've only hit 1200* and haven't felt any nosing over. the only problem i've had is every now and then (we're talking 2-3 times in the past few months) when i floor it and the tranny drops a gear or two the cel will light up. when i run the codes, it'll be an over boost, boost outa range.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:49 PM

Seems like a steal for a box, complete charger w/14cm housing, manifold, and DP.

Did you say you had a spare 4" DP?? PM me if you do, Dusty!

Chris
Old 02-08-2007, 10:32 PM

Nice buy for that price. I have the stinger plus pack on its basicly the same just one tune lower. I know a lot guys get down on banks stuff but for a work truck setup it works good you never have to watch the EGT gauge. You were asking about the defueling. It will only go to 1250 then it just kinda holds its not like it just cuts out. You really would not even notice if you were just towing. Racing you will notice it will just kinda stop pulling. I have had no problems and have left my foot flat on the floor with a load 1250 is all you will see. Good Luck
Old 02-08-2007, 11:49 PM

I've dealt with older banks systems on a couple 99' trucks, & that's the way the defuel was on them, just wondered if it still worked the same way, I may be adding a set of 275hp injectors on top of the Ottomind, that outta wake it up a bit until it reaches the defuel point!!LOL prolly just get me to the defuel that much quicker, I actually thought about running 2 different thermocouples one pre turbo to run on most of the time & then put one post turbo "just in case" & see if I couldn't wire up a toggle switch to jump between the two??? has anyone tried that yet, outta get me a little more fuel for a few seconds anyway??? in theory it should work, just gotta figure out the best way to "Y" off the wires from the thermocouples to a switch & then to the Ottomind, should work shouldn't it???? just a thought I've been toying around with for quite sometime now??, we'll see I guess, the stuff should be here around wed. or thurs. of next week, can't wait!!!! Dusty
Old 02-10-2007, 06:29 AM

Dusty, Ive ran the 275 ottomind combo . I thought the truck was fast and didnt see any smoke either.
BTW, I sent it back and had it flashed for their hottest setting.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:06 AM

10-4 thanks alot, I'm still debating on the sticks, I really need to do something to the stock fuel system on this thing, I have a pusher pump kit i can slap on it for now, so I may just go that route for the time being, thanks again, Dusty
Old 02-13-2007, 10:28 PM

When you buy Banks you get top of the line that you don't have to worry about and you know it will do what that say it will do. Now I do think if you know what you are doing and looking at you can find some things that are just as good for less money(the key word is some times). I just don't like people that trash talk them just because they cant afford it or they found some piece of junk that clames to be just as good for 1/4 the price. I don't have any Banks but I have never heard any thing bad about it from any one who actually has it. Its not cheep but you usually get what you pay for, there is a lot of R&D in Banks products. I like the Edge G2 Attitude over the Banks PDA but not because i dislike Banks I just think a GPS and back-up camera is more useful than an MP3 player and the other things it has. Sorry about the rant, good luck with the kit.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:43 AM

you make some good points, I also agree that Banks has really good products, & we all know you can make more power for less $, but for the truck this is going on that's not really an issue, I like the fact that whether I drive it or the little woman drives it theres no worries of burying the pyro & melting anything, she or I either one can run the truck as hard as we'd like w/out any worries of cooking it!! LOL, & believe me she'll run it, loaded or empty!! (she may have been hangin around me a little too long????) it should be here today or tomorrow & I'll post some results after I get it all put on, thanks, Dusty
Old 02-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Banned

Only experence I have with Banks is. Was on my 97 powerjoke. It was allready on there when I bought the truck. Was allright but that truck is why I have a cummins now and allways will "At least till someone puts a YELLOW motor in a pickup" I wonder if the price you pay for Banks is for R&D or those big 3 or 4 full page ads in all the diesel rags and all the tv commericals. Just my 2cents. Not stepping on any toes.

Quick Reply: Who says Bank$ stuff is outrageously priced!!!!