Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Where would you put a CB radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where would you put a CB radio

On my 2003 2500 SLT there doesn't appear to be any place convienient to install a CB radio. Does anyone have any sugg :estions.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:48 PM
Chapter President

Re:Where would you put a CB radio

we where just talking about this<br><br>http://www.dodge-diesel.org/yabbse/i...=10224;start=0
Old 02-03-2003, 06:26 AM

I own a 1999, I modified it right away. Took out the plastic
cover just forward of the 4 wheel drive lever. Cut the left side out to match the width of my cobra radio CB. This allowed the radio to be mounted under the dash easily and within reach. Further, I removed the cover of 4 wheel drive shifter and unbolted the lever and applied cutting torch to bend the lever for a easy reach when shifting on the fly and allowing for shifting into low 4 wheel, without damaging hand on radio. I bent the lever toward the driver and and more toward the seat. Allow move for middle passenger leg not bumping againt the lever. I was also unhappy with the middlle seat setting so high. Made it too tall for my wife to set beside me. Again I unbolted the seat and got out my torch and made the seat 2&quot; lower. Note the center had no recess
like the driver and passenger seat. Long story short I
made the truck fit my use. Man needs a good woman
beside him who is comfortable, good CB, and a shift lever
that can be quickly put 4 wheel drive when you run off the
road ;D
Old 02-03-2003, 08:30 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

[quote author=design link=board=7;threadid=10338;start=0#99016 date=1044059024]<br>On my 2003 2500 SLT there doesn't appear to be any place convienient to install a CB radio. Does anyone have any sugg :estions.<br>[/quote]<br><br>If it is small, try here. See below. CB is on left of wheel.<br>Bob
Old 02-03-2003, 01:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Brolin mount will be in production shortly
Old 02-03-2003, 01:39 PM

Just curious why you guys have CB radios? Isn't that old technology?? Im not big on it to me maybe you can use to to warn about cops and stuff???
Old 02-03-2003, 02:19 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

They work especially good when following along in a caravan (or would that be CaraRAM) heading for a &quot;Meet &amp; Eat&quot;, or the Drags, or whatever.<br>We would never use this techology in an attempt to warn others about a law enforcement official carrying out his official duty to contol speeding using Radar or any other official Law Enforcement tool. :
Old 02-03-2003, 02:48 PM

[quote author=Shovelhead link=board=7;threadid=10338;start=0#100005 date=1044303599]<br>We would never use this techology in an attempt to warn others about a law enforcement official carrying out his official duty to contol speeding using Radar or any other official Law Enforcement tool. : <br>[/quote]<br><br>YA right
Old 02-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote author=Jamie Attridge link=board=7;threadid=10338;start=0#99993 date=1044301179]<br>Just curious why you guys have CB radios? Isn't that old technology?? Im not big on it to me maybe you can use to to warn about cops and stuff???<br>[/quote]<br><br>Gives you something to listen to out in the middle of nowhere.<br>You can find out if there's a big accident or construction ahead of you so you can avoid it, or let others know of same.<br><br>You can call for HEEEELLLLPPP if you get stuck out in the middle of nowhere, away from cell phone reception.<br>The main reason I got one, after haveing to hike out 2 miles to find someone to give me some leverage to get out of a mudhole.<br><br>Along with what was mentioned above.<br><br><br>phox
Old 02-03-2003, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote author=Shovelhead link=board=7;threadid=10338;start=0#100005 date=1044303599]<br>We would never use this techology in an attempt to warn others about a law enforcement official carrying out his official duty to contol speeding using Radar or any other official Law Enforcement tool. : <br>[/quote]<br><br>Man,,,,,,, I didn't know I was gonna have to put hip-waders on before I posted in this thread! <br> I run an old 23 channel Sears radio for convoying with groups or if I need info, but can't stand to leave it on for too long when ya run up on the foul mouthed types who don't care wether you have a kid in your car listening. &gt; It makes me sick to hear some of the trash that comes out of the mouths of grown men (and I use that term loosely). SORRY,,,,,,, didn't mean to rant,,,,, :<br> Anyhow,,, I leave the drink holder down in my truck all of the time. I keep a little round ashtry in one side and normally a travel cup of coffee in the other. So,, I mounted my CB to the side of the drink holder, facing straight up. It works real well and the drink holder dosen't bounce anymore because the bottom of the radio rests against the floor. ;D We don't use the middle seat for sitting anyway,,,, I would like to put a sub under the center seat too. I need to get a pic of it I guess.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[quote author=Shovelhead link=board=7;threadid=10338;start=0#100005 date=1044303599]<br>They work especially good when following along in a caravan (or would that be CaraRAM) heading for a &quot;Meet &amp; Eat&quot;, or the Drags, or whatever.<br>We would never use this techology in an attempt to warn others about a law enforcement official carrying out his official duty to contol speeding using Radar or any other official Law Enforcement tool. : <br>[/quote]<br><br>When I was driving truck on the highway, the cops had CBs in their cars.<br><br>Mike
Old 02-04-2003, 12:43 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

You're right Mike, most of them do. <br>I had fun one night about 10 years ago on the DC beltway with a Va State trying to set up radar.<br>Every time he pulled over, I reported his position, then he'd move. This went on for about 4 miles until I came to my exit.<br>I was LMAO.
Old 02-04-2003, 01:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[quote author=Shovelhead link=board=7;threadid=10338;start=0#100409 date=1044384213]<br>You're right Mike, most of them do. <br>I had fun one night about 10 years ago on the DC beltway with a Va State trying to set up radar.<br>Every time he pulled over, I reported his position, then he'd move. This went on for about 4 miles until I came to my exit.<br>I was LMAO. <br>[/quote]<br><br> <br><br>Mike
Old 02-04-2003, 01:29 PM

Does anyone know how I can order a Brolin mount for a 1997 automatic?<br><br>Thanks,<br>Kenny
Old 02-04-2003, 01:30 PM

If you don't need more power than 5 watts you could go with a cobra 75 wx st and put the box under the seat or center console.

Quick Reply: Where would you put a CB radio