Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Where can I get new bushings for a solid steel adjustable trackbar?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me on this. As in the past I do apprciate your great customer service and willingness to answer all my dumb questions.

to anyone else leaving 2 messages maybe the key to sucess when the phone company loses the first one. good thing I work for the phone company....

Originally Posted by RussellT
Captain,
I do not know your real name, however, to my knowledge I have not received a message for bushings from PA. Though I take many calls and return many more everyday.
I have been out of the office quite a bit lately but I check msg's frequently throughout the day and am usually able to return the calls the same day or next day.

Regarding your bushings, I will send you out a new set fast delivery free of charge. I am not sure why your bushings wore out in 90k miles, they shouldn't have, however we have since switched to Energy Suspension Graphite Polyurethane Bushings and have had no problems whatsoever.

Please email me at Russell@solidsteel.biz with your address, or you can call me at 306-842-4346.
If I receive the messages I do call back.

Regards,
Russell Tessier
Solid Steel
Old 02-16-2008, 05:56 AM

Check KLM Performance.... www.klmperformance.com
Old 02-17-2008, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by John Faughn
Russell , I got the track , track bar kit & the stabilizer .
But haven't put in the TB or TBK yet because I was wanting to come up with a different way of dealing with the bolt & tapered collar that goes through the original ball joint to frame , I would like to not have to drill out for just bolt , or find a smaller bolt & tapered collar , for a couple reasons , in case I move on to an other truck and because I can not reach with drill to drill out with dissemble or right angle drill I do not have .
Any options ? Thanks John
John,
We recommend drilling the frame mounting lug out to accept the 5/8" bolt supplied with the conversion kit on trucks built before Feb. 7/94. In this case you do not use the tapered bushing insert supplied with the kit.

However, I have heard from people in your similar situation that may want to transfer the TBK onto another truck later, and they have used a smaller bolt without the tapered sleeve...I have not heard of any problems doing this, but we do not reccomend this for a few reasons.
- The bigger bolt the better in that location. A smaller bolt may shear off.
- If the smaller bolt should ever work loose it could ruin the factory taper and your orginal trackbar ball stud may not seat properly if you were to install it later.
- Manufacturing a tapered sleeve to use a smaller bolt in your pre Feb 7/94 truck would require an even smaller bolt than one which could be used without a tapered sleeve, this size bolt would be too small to be safe. It would break for sure.
- We cannot cover any problems you may have with the TBK if using a smaller bolt.

I figure its better to be safe than sorry. Drill out the mounting lug and use the 5/8" grade 8 bolt supplied, you won't spend your days driving around wondering if you did the right thing.

Regards,
Russell Tessier
Solid Steel