Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Solid Steel Trackbar

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solid Steel Trackbar

Has anyone got the new second gen trackbar on their truck yet??

http://www.solidsteel.biz/

Any opinions??
Old 10-30-2005, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lots of good things said about their DSS so I would think the track bar would be as good of a product.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:54 PM

No doubt....I have to do something with my 98...its all over the road. Just not sure which is better Thurenfab or Solid Steel...
Old 10-30-2005, 03:12 PM

I have both the DSS stabilizer brace and the 03 track bar and I am still having trouble not chasing sheep down the highway. It looks like the rubber bushing has softened up a bit, I am getting tired of this front end and looking at a manual locking Dynatrac 60 and new steering box. PK
Old 10-30-2005, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by P Kennedy
I have both the DSS stabilizer brace and the 03 track bar and I am still having trouble not chasing sheep down the highway.

Classic 2nd gen
Old 10-30-2005, 07:09 PM

Thumbs up Dss Track Bar And Brace

I have both and they have worked wonders, I actually have the adjustable track bar as I am leveling the front end this winter. IMHO definitely worth the money. I had the steering brace isntalled after replacement of my third steering box by DC. Havent had a problem since.

Dave
Old 10-30-2005, 09:16 PM

The DSS helped mine a lot, probably saved the steering box. Now, I need to replace the tie rod end on the pitman arm.

I put a Moog Trac Bar on really worked good at first, now two months later it needs replacing. It's a lifetime warranty item, just not a lifetime solution.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by P Kennedy
I have both the DSS stabilizer brace and the 03 track bar and I am still having trouble not chasing sheep down the highway. It looks like the rubber bushing has softened up a bit, I am getting tired of this front end and looking at a manual locking Dynatrac 60 and new steering box. PK

Hmmm...where have I heard this before?
Old 10-30-2005, 11:56 PM

Cowhand, what do you think of the new Solid Steel trackbar compared to the Thurenfab bar?? Hard to tell if you havent ran it - but, any thoughts??
Old 10-31-2005, 12:42 AM

Hey so im new to the whole traking bar thing can you guys fill me in? My truck drifts to the right REALLY BAD as in so bad i can exit the freeway by letting go of the wheel and my tire is shot on the right outer edge. If this was an IFS thing it would be EZ to fix I dont know how to fix these, im guessing the tracking bar is shot right?
Old 10-31-2005, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by 4doogie
Hey so im new to the whole traking bar thing can you guys fill me in? My truck drifts to the right REALLY BAD as in so bad i can exit the freeway by letting go of the wheel and my tire is shot on the right outer edge. If this was an IFS thing it would be EZ to fix I dont know how to fix these, im guessing the tracking bar is shot right?
It might be a trackbar issue but to me sounds more like your Balljoints or just the Caster / Camber is off, Id raise the front end up and shake it. up and down is balljoints, and side to side is the Tierods. id try those first then maybe an alingment. From what ive heard a bad trackbar will shake your truck when stoping or if you hit a Bump in the road pretty hard.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:20 AM

remove one verticle link on the sway bar, then test drive it. The SB may put a preload on it and cause some pull/issues.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Has anyone got the new second gen trackbar on their truck yet??
http://www.solidsteel.biz/
Any opinions??
I have the DTB Kit with the the 03 trackbar.....on my truck for over 20,000 miles.
I have been checking it closely due to comments from Cowhand & others that the bushing will probably not hold up.
So far...working well!
Was unaware of the Thuren Trackbar option when I did mine. It appears to me to be as good...maybe better, than the 03 trackbar....and less expensive.

RJ
Old 10-31-2005, 07:59 AM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
I have both the DSS and the 3rd gen track bar. They both made an improvement. The DSS was no question a great upgrade. The 3rd gen track bar well cant say for sure, at least yet. While it did improve it should have my old one was shot. Test will be if it lasts longer and when it does go will I be able to find new bushings to rebuild it on the cheap. So far I have about 45k on it and it still seems good.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Cowhand, what do you think of the new Solid Steel trackbar compared to the Thurenfab bar?? Hard to tell if you havent ran it - but, any thoughts??
Not a big fan of the stock bar set up, rubber bushings in both ends are bad news. I know of several 3rd gen owners with DW issues. The new adjustable SS bar might be an improvement, but I like the Thuren bar because Don uses a higher durometer bushing in the axle end and an RE style joint in the frame end that can be tightened if necessary. The joint is also rebuildable.

Quick Reply: Solid Steel Trackbar