Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

water/meth ON

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
water/meth ON

alrighty i got er installed this afternoon. Thats one small tank! it only holds like 2 quarts or so.

i have it set to come on at 20 psi. i may change it to 30, because im running through this stuff like candy.

havnt hooked to a trailer yet, hope it helps.

i cant really feel it when it kicks in. For those of you that have these kits, can you feel it when it starts injecting?

i could only find -20* ww fluid. i asked the guy in wally world if they had any -40* in the back and you know what my answer was?? " uhh you wont need that this time of year" i just walked away.

so do i need to mix my own meth and water? Thanks!
Old 08-07-2006, 10:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I see about a 3# increase in boost pressure, not a kick you back in your seat type of deal. I mix my own, I get methanol from the anti-moisture additive they put in semi's air lines. It is pretty well pure meth. Or the HEET stuff you can get at Wal-Mart / Auto Parts. Good luck...
Old 08-07-2006, 10:19 PM

HAHA THATS FUNNY!!

" uhh you wont need that this time of year"

i would have fallen apart laughing if the guy at the parts counter told me that!!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 10:27 PM

What brand did you buy? How long and how hard was it to install???
Old 08-07-2006, 10:28 PM

ignorance is bliss...
Old 08-07-2006, 10:31 PM

I did mine custom. With some help from my buddy loch I believe. I only bought the nozzle, boost switch, and solenoid from www.coolingmist.com
Old 08-08-2006, 12:43 AM

when my stage 2 was working i was seeing a good 8# increase and it would throw u way back in the seat. that is the wally world stuff as well
Old 08-08-2006, 11:36 AM

I have had mine for year now and I love it. I buy methanol from a local race engine shop for $2/gal and mix it 50/50 with water. When I first installed the kit, I wasn't using big enough nozzles or high enough pressure on the pump so I didn't really feel anything either. I had to increase nozzle size and pressure. You will know when you have gone too far because your engine will start to miss (you have actually started to "quench" the combustion). Back it off a bit from there and you should be set. You should definitely know when it kicks in. It is very hard to put numbers (i.e. boost or egt) to something like this unless you are on a dyno so I won't even try but the difference is very noticeable. Feels like changing settings on one of those adjustable chips!

Hope that helps some.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:56 AM

Matt @ Snowperformance made a kit for Diesel trucks and he did it with a Dodge Truck so as stated before in this post nozzle size is inportant and pump pressure you dont feel it your tune is not right pump pressure on nozzle size is wrong. www.snowperformance.net
Old 08-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
What brand did you buy? How long and how hard was it to install???
snow performance stage 2 kit with hobbs switch. and its really easy to install
Old 08-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MADMATT
when my stage 2 was working i was seeing a good 8# increase and it would throw u way back in the seat. that is the wally world stuff as well
i see about a 4-5# increase and i feel nothing different. i can tell it keeps it cooler when im loaded, but no more seat-of-pants power.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:25 PM

Im thinking about a water/meth kit with what I have right now EZ and Jammer III's and would like a little kick in the pants above 20# boost and a little cool off in that area as well. How well will the HX35 handle that extra boost and will the HG handle the extra power
Old 08-09-2006, 05:31 AM

It is possible you aren't feeling much because of what mixture you are running. The "power" comes from the methanol (which serves double duty by keeping the combustion temps high enough that the water doesn't quench it - the water is what cools your EGT's). If you are running 20% or so meth I could see how you might not gain a whole lot. I still think you need to look into nozzle size and pump pressure though. Matt Snow is a really good guy. I used to work with him when I lived in Colorado. Give him a call and I am VERY sure he will get you fixed up.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:27 AM

i purchased a 55 gallon barrel from local exxon fuel warehouse for like 144.00 and i mix it up myself. Mine is a 2 liter container so i dont know much about the kit you have with 2 quarts. But i mix it about 50/50 and i can actually feel the difference when it kicks in i have mine set at 34psi because that is when my EGT start to peak over 1k at wot. Then the second injector kicks in at 50psi.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Registered

im running to 625 jets. and i dunno how to turn up the pump pressure. my kit dosnt have the adjustable box, just the hobbs switch. any ideas?

Quick Reply: water/meth ON