Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Twin Disc Clutch HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Twin Disc Clutch HELP

Hmm.... maybe we'll need to setup a group clutch install or at least see if there's a discount for 3 street pullers at a time. I haven't talked to any manufacturer yet (no need to call if I don't have the cash yet). After reading the last 480 days of clutch posts on DTR, I've come to the following conclusions:

1. SBC's DD isn't meant for pulling a sled
2. Enterprise's DD is a pulling only clutch
3. Haisley's street puller is recommended for some pulling & some street.

My plans are to pull once or twice a year with my daily driver. The clutch install is supposed to take ~8 hours, so y'all wanna come up to columbus and watch/assist a clutch install in a few months? ;D

brandon.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:49 PM

[quote author=joefarmer link=board=7;threadid=21601;start=15#msg203625 date=1067542691]
Hmm.... maybe we'll need to setup a group clutch install or at least see if there's a discount for 3 street pullers at a time. I haven't talked to any manufacturer yet (no need to call if I don't have the cash yet). After reading the last 480 days of clutch posts on DTR, I've come to the following conclusions:

1. SBC's DD isn't meant for pulling a sled
3. Haisley's street puller is recommended for some pulling & some street.

My plans are to pull once or twice a year with my daily driver. The clutch install is supposed to take ~8 hours, so y'all wanna come up to columbus and watch/assist a clutch install in a few months? ;D

brandon.
[/quote]

Hey Brandon, Dodgeman01 (Aaron) and I are planning on purchasing the HMR Street Puller clutches around early March of next year. We'll be doing them at the same time because Aaron know's a guy up there that runs this clutch as well as installed his own input shaft and he said he would help us.

Also I already talked to Haisley about "group purchase" would have to be an order of "AT LEAST" 5 clutches to get any kind of discount. :
Old 10-30-2003, 02:50 PM

[quote author=Got Smoke? link=board=7;threadid=21601;start=15#msg203636 date=1067543357]
Hey Brandon, Dodgeman01 (Aaron) and I are planning on purchasing the HMR Street Puller clutches around early March of next year. We'll be doing them at the same time because Aaron know's a guy up there that runs this clutch as well as installed his own input shaft and he said he would help us.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info, Mark. Whe's the guy up here? It's not Jeremy is it? I'll need the input shaft at the same time, it'll take a little bit to get the funding.

Also I already talked to Haisley about "group purchase" would have to be an order of "AT LEAST" 5 clutches to get any kind of discount. :
Get 2 more people and we're there! WooHoo! ;D Was the price reduced enough to make it worth it?

brandon.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:01 PM
Banned

If I had a clutch, you could count me in on the group purchase deal. Think DTT/ATS will do a group purchase of Auto's?
Old 10-30-2003, 09:21 PM

the reason I asked about warrenty was because I don't plan on pulling the day after I get the clutch put in and it will be a few months before the pulls start and I was wandering if it goes out and I have not pulled would they cover it at all?

EEp said they would knock off 150 bucks for a group purchase :- and what was Peters mark? like 200 bucks

Steve my friend with the DD clutch loves his and it is a steet truck that pulls two times a year.
DM01
Old 10-31-2003, 12:06 AM
Banned

Incorrect again..
There are quite a few guys who drive them on the street and I believe they also have a street version of it.

Be advised that dual disc clutched are linked to spiral cracking of input shafts.
Could be BUT,Most all of the true double disc's out there mandate the larger hardened input shaft.To not spend the money on one is again asking for problems later.

Ah well,I'd invite anyone who is seeking a DD to drive mine if they are within a reasonable drive.Maybe then the "not street worthy or pulling only" comments will end.One thing is for sure,when I dump it and need it to hook I do not have to wonder if or when it will,its there when its needed.