Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Turbo master install

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo master install

So I got a Turbo Master and I noticed the instructions say to remove the turbo. This might be a really dumb newbie question but I cannot see how to get the nuts off the bottom of where the housing mounts. Is there a trick or special tool for this? I'm not mechanically declined, it just looks like a real biotch. Also, does anyone know what I need to do to the small tube that goes into the stock actuator once I remove it? Do I just leave the hole in the turbo? Seems nuts but there is no instruction on what to do with that.
Thanks
Old 08-19-2003, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Turbo master install

You can get to the bolts with a 15mm box wrench and I have also used a socket and ratchet. You have to go by feel as you know you can't see back there. A flex mirror is a great help, but everything is backwards.
Bruce
Old 08-20-2003, 02:38 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re:Turbo master install

Yep those bolts are a little tough but not impossible. A good step to stand on so you can reach them comfortably helps. I used a short stubby wrench once I broke it loose, much easier to handle behind the manifold. This is a "go by feel" job on the two bottom bolts.

You have to work them out a fraction of a turn at a time, but if you spray them with rust penetrating oil first, they move pretty well. The turbo master comes with a plug to seal off that little hole.

You can go to our tech article section here and see a step by step "How to article" on the turbo Master.