Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

??? Swapping 05 Allison Over To 06 Dodge 1 Ton..

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
??? Swapping 05 Allison Over To 06 Dodge 1 Ton..

Last june I bought a 05 chevy 1 ton for work. 3 months ago I was hit in the side by a van traveling at around 45mph. This happened the same day I got insurance. The insurance company don't want to pay so I'm having to sue. Theres no telling how long until the case is settled so I had to get another truck for work. The duramax still drive but the frame is bent pretty bad. Since I'm paying for 2 trucks I think I should use both trucks.
What I'm wanting to do is put the allison trans. in the Dodge.
How would I go about this?
What would I need to make this work?
Would it work?
Would it be worth the hassel?
Old 02-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Blake it has been done, but it is not very easily achieved. I talked to Joe at Suncoast Transmissions a few weeks back about this very subject. He said they had srated a project looking into doing it, but it was not economically feasible for the average guy. He told me it required machining adaptors,Shafts, & getting the dodge sensors to work on the allison. He said they abandoned the idea. If you want more info call Joe at suncoast & talk to him.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by BIGHEAD
Blake it has been done, but it is not very easily achieved. I talked to Joe at Suncoast Transmissions a few weeks back about this very subject. He said they had srated a project looking into doing it, but it was not economically feasible for the average guy. He told me it required machining adaptors,Shafts, & getting the dodge sensors to work on the allison. He said they abandoned the idea. If you want more info call Joe at suncoast & talk to him.
but what if the truck is a manual (computer is tranny Dumb) to begin with and the tranny is setup to run a stand-alone computer? I don't think it would be as difficult electronics wise in my situation. I have heard that the NP 241 can be bolted up w/o machining and it is just a matter of getting the correct bellhousing adapter. There is a guy doing this swap on 2nd. gens but I haven't asked about the 3rd. gens yet. I will post a link when I get home.
I am also contemplating this swap in mine.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DR, I don't know where you are in FL, but Joe at Suncoast is in Ft Walton. Call & ask him about it. I can assure you he or one of his engineers can answer all your questions about it.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:42 PM

Who is the guy doing this swap in 2nd gen's? I am interested in the swap my self. A friend of mine owns a machine shop so the adapter should not be a big deal. I am more worried about the tcm working correctly. Does any one know for sure if the np241 will bolt to the allison?
Old 03-02-2006, 12:18 AM

here is his E-mail address:fleece@fleeceperformanceengineering.com

here is a link to his website: http://www.fleeceperformanceengineering.com

here is a link to TDR that I found out about this: http://www.tdr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120126
Old 03-02-2006, 08:52 AM

why do you want to put a allison in? why don't you rebuild the dodge trans(if that is why you are changing it)or is the allison that much better?