Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Some ?s about Diesel Manor's Guage Kit B4 I Buy.(double thread, reply in unlocked one

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some ?s about Diesel Manor's Guage Kit B4 I Buy.(double thread, reply in unlocked one

i just have a few questions about the kit before i buy it here in a couple of days whenever my credit card payment comes through.

1) what the heck does "NPT" mean?
2) does it seriously come with EVERYTHING necessary to install it (besides the tap and bit)
3) i'm not going to buy the tap and bit for the EGT guage from them cause i think the price is a little steep so, what size tap do i need? can i get it from, say, sears? and what size drill bit do i need?
4) now for the boost guage. i hear there is a plug on the firewall side of the intake manifold that we can tap into and don't have to drill anything out, is this true? if not please fill me in on installing a boost guage.

thanx
Old 09-05-2006, 06:33 PM

anyone got some answers for me? i know there's ppl on here that have the kit
Old 09-05-2006, 07:48 PM

I didn't get diesel manors kit.. We had a little disagreement and I chose not to do business with them.. I pucked mine up from Piers...

Wait till you get the Thermocouple to get your drill and tap.. There seems to be 2 sizes out there so see which one you get.. there are pictures in my gallery as to how I drilled and tapped mine..

I think with the boost you are talking about installing a boost bolt.. It is really not that had to drill and tap the intake.. It took me about 15 minutes (4 bolts and 1 bracket) to get mine off .. then drilled and tapped it on the bench and put it back on.. (pictures in gallery of where I tapped mine)..

I have an auto trans and I did have to extend the wires to the tans temp sending unit.. These you can extend.... But do not try and extend the thermocouple wires... they are calibrated or something.. you have to get the proper length thermocouple..

NPT is pipe thread.. I went to a local hardware store and bought a tap and drill.. the drill size will be stamped on the tap.. I think the thermocouples come either 1/4"NPT or 1/8" NPT depending on which one they send..

Gerry
Old 09-05-2006, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by gerry
I didn't get diesel manors kit.. We had a little disagreement and I chose not to do business with them.. I pucked mine up from Piers...

Wait till you get the Thermocouple to get your drill and tap.. There seems to be 2 sizes out there so see which one you get.. there are pictures in my gallery as to how I drilled and tapped mine..

I think with the boost you are talking about installing a boost bolt.. It is really not that had to drill and tap the intake.. It took me about 15 minutes (4 bolts and 1 bracket) to get mine off .. then drilled and tapped it on the bench and put it back on.. (pictures in gallery of where I tapped mine)..

I have an auto trans and I did have to extend the wires to the tans temp sending unit.. These you can extend.... But do not try and extend the thermocouple wires... they are calibrated or something.. you have to get the proper length thermocouple..

NPT is pipe thread.. I went to a local hardware store and bought a tap and drill.. the drill size will be stamped on the tap.. I think the thermocouples come either 1/4"NPT or 1/8" NPT depending on which one they send..

Gerry
thanks for the reply man. did you indeed get the right legnth of the thermocouple? and can you give me some instruction on how to install the tranny temp. i'm gonna get one of them too and i just wanna hear of some experiences out there?