Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Smarty VS Comp

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 08:27 AM
KVD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smarty VS Comp

Ok the post is about the (phatty said somethin about in one of his posts) a ETH truck turin 291 at the wheels with a smarty got me thinkin.

A edge drag comp only adds 90 HP to a HO truck right?Or for that matter any tap wire fuelin box right??

Well if that is true wouldn't the smarty be puttin down about as much horses at the Drag comp??

What I'm lookin for is some dyno pulls from 6 speed HOs with just a smarty, and then a drag comp.

I'm really thinkin that on a HO truck the smarty may be the ticket because I know the smarty fuels harder down low that drag comp on a SO truck but I've never rode in a HO truck with a smarty.

Does this sound right or is the drag comp still gonna be faster because it taps the pump and lets it pull longer?

I know the smarty will fuel as far as the comp just wonderin if it is fuelin as hard.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:13 AM
Banned

drag comp will still be faster, its designed to fuel more thru the rpm band to 3200. the smarty cant add nearly as much fuel without the wire tap, but the power is very usable down low with less throttle pressure to get the power.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:16 AM
KVD

Well thats what I was thinkin.

Really need to look at some dyno graphs and see where the power starts to fall off on the smarty.

This is more of a ,um I've got an idea will it work kinda thing.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:12 PM

Hey it wasn't my info. Here's the graph from that thread. It doesn't show rpms but you can see why everybody says the smart pulls hard down low
Old 09-11-2006, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by KVD
I'm really thinkin that on a HO truck the smarty may be the ticket because I know the smarty fuels harder down low that drag comp on a SO truck but I've never rode in a HO truck with a smarty.

Does this sound right or is the drag comp still gonna be faster because it taps the pump and lets it pull longer?

I know the smarty will fuel as far as the comp just wonderin if it is fuelin as hard.
The comp should make more power than a smarty alone. But smarty and a set of injectors are a great combo on an eth. While the 6 speeds don't respond as well as SO's to fueling boxes, they respond better to injectors...... but you need a box to run injectors, so,... smarty and injectors. Worked for me
Old 09-12-2006, 07:58 AM
KVD

Ok what about the comp and a smarty??

I would say that would over fuel the turbo, wouldn't it seein as the comp can rasie the EGTs pretty quick.

I'm gonna start with the comp and then it the VP lives (if not Hot rod pump) I'll probably go with injectors and turbo.