Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Smarty and little smoke?

Old 05-23-2011, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smarty and little smoke?

I just put a smarty s-03 stacked with an edge ez and it barely smokes. It gave a ton of power but took away milage and smoke. Whats the best settings for these? I have a stock clutch but want the smoke.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by farmboy99
I just put a smarty s-03 stacked with an edge ez and it barely smokes. It gave a ton of power but took away milage and smoke. Whats the best settings for these? I have a stock clutch but want the smoke.
if you start raising the TQ values higher u will slip your clutch. the higher you go on the smarty and the values. you will hurt the clutch. but this is what I run on my set up daily

sw 9 uneven number cause the timing on the smarty is better than the timing on other boxes I have used. to much timing together is bad.. so in your case try sw 8.
the torque is set at #6
timing is set at #3
fuel duration is #3

but if you bog your engine down and go in the peddle you will make alot of smoke because your turbo wont be spooled and will be choking. but to each there own on excessive smoke.
watch your clutch.
and your stock turbo
looks like you should have plenty of fuel pressure.. also the smarty doesn't add alot of HP. its more of moving the Tq and pwer early. but works the best with injectors and a mild box.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS
if you start raising the TQ values higher u will slip your clutch. the higher you go on the smarty and the values. you will hurt the clutch. but this is what I run on my set up daily

sw 9 uneven number cause the timing on the smarty is better than the timing on other boxes I have used. to much timing together is bad.. so in your case try sw 8.
the torque is set at #6
timing is set at #3
fuel duration is #3

but if you bog your engine down and go in the peddle you will make alot of smoke because your turbo wont be spooled and will be choking. but to each there own on excessive smoke.
watch your clutch.
and your stock turbo
looks like you should have plenty of fuel pressure.. also the smarty doesn't add alot of HP. its more of moving the Tq and pwer early. but works the best with injectors and a mild box.
Ok Ill try that. Thanks