Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Scotty/Vulcan confusion

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scotty/Vulcan confusion

Before my LP craps out I want to address the issue. I am researching the Scotty and Vulcan options, and am a bit little confused. I am looking for clarification. The Vulcan system relocates the LP and adds larger lines, also replacing the Banjo Bolts with fittings? The Scotty system is simply larger lines, and banjo bolt replacement with fittings? Do these kits make the modified banjo bolts (genos garage) obsolete? Would it be advisable to piggyback a carter/holley blue with either of the big line kits? Yes I am very confused I guess. Thanks in advance for input before I drop the $$$.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Both kits are good.

I have several folks running the stock lift pump in the stock position [as long as its healthy] and running 4-500 HP for well over 80,000 miles and counting.
The kit I provide does away with the banjo bolts and replaces them with steel metric to -8 JIC adapters. The next parts are the JIC 90's that allow you to index the hoses [aim them where needed] by simply lining them up and tightening them. It allows for a neater install.
My fittings use push lock hose that do not use gear/hose clamps.
The hose is biodiesel compatible. I also include a tapped adapter fitting for fuel pressure and a complete fuel pressure kit with needle valve and an extension of the 1/8" tapped fitting for ease of installation and routing the fuel pressure line. If you are not using a fuel pressure gauge, the kit comes with a 1/8" NPT plug.

All of the parts except the metric adapters are Aeroquip fittings. The custom machined parts are made from annealed 4140 steel.

The Vulcan kit is a good alternative.

Each kit has it merits. I have used the highest of quality parts and provided these to many customers over the years.

I am certain everyone that has one of these kits from either company are happy with their choice.

PM me if you need more info.

Scotty
Old 01-05-2006, 03:56 PM

I've had my Scotty system on for about 2 years now and have zero problems. I have no intentions of moving the lift pump from it's stock location.

Jeff
Old 01-05-2006, 05:42 PM

everything scotty said is right on the money. I would personally add a second pump just because it makes life easier on both pumps and if one fails you can quite possibly keep driving w/o killing the vp44
Old 01-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Homestead
I've had my Scotty system on for about 2 years now and have zero problems. I have no intentions of moving the lift pump from it's stock location.

Jeff
Agreed, I can't drag FP below 9 psi with my current fueling level (Comp set on kill and RV275's) no matter what with the Scotty Smartfuel.....and all this is with a very high mileage LP in the stock location.....I too, have no intentions of moving the pump. Ain't going to fix wasn't it broke! I have a spare stock LP just collecting dust on the shelf!
Old 01-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm runn the Bully Big Dog fuel management system form JEGS on mine and have no problems, it puts a Holley Blue on the framerail next to the tank and runs up through the stock LP. I wired a relay to get it's trigger signal from the stock LP wire.
22psi @ idle and 15psi @ WOT.
good luck
scotte
Old 01-05-2006, 08:50 PM

i too have a holley blue on the frame rail using the stock wiring to trigger the relay, i have scottys system installed and i maintain 15 lbs @idle and 13 under hard pull, no complaints and he is great to work with
Old 01-05-2006, 09:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have Scotty's fuel lines. VERY happy with them. I have solid FP (10+) all the time, even with 150hp injectors and a Catcher. My stock LP is going strong, even though the IP died 7 months ago.--jh
Old 01-05-2006, 10:59 PM

Cool! thanx for the input. Cleared up alot for me. Now I have to get over buying the banjo bolts and not using them.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Both kits are good.
Hearing that is like a breath of fresh air, if ya know what I mean
Old 01-06-2006, 08:51 AM

I can't wait to get my Scotty kit installed. I have had it for too long now without it being installed (> 6 months).

I was under the impression that if I purchased it through the DTR store that Scotty himself would show up at my house and install it
(He seems too busy lobbing spheres )

~Rob
Old 01-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by hotdram
I was under the impression that if I purchased it through the DTR store that Scotty himself would show up at my house and install it
(He seems too busy lobbing spheres )

~Rob
I was there. All I saw was this skinny guy running scared out the back door, crying for his life.
Man, you must of thought I was there collecting on a debt or maybe I was a mad husband or something.
You sure can run fast.

Scotty
Old 01-06-2006, 02:52 PM

I was there. All I saw was this skinny guy running scared out the back door, crying for his life....
Scotty
Skinny??? You have me confused with BigBlue.
Hey wait, if it was BigBlue, why was he running out my backdoor?

~Rob
Old 01-06-2006, 06:29 PM

I was there. All I saw was this skinny guy running scared out the back door, crying for his life.

Scotty
Old 01-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hotdram
Skinny??? You have me confused with BigBlue.
Hey wait, if it was BigBlue, why was he running out my backdoor?

~Rob
No reason.

Quick Reply: Scotty/Vulcan confusion