Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Ready to BOMB

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ready to BOMB

Well I'm getting the injection pump replaced under warranty this week. I think with the money saved it is time to start with a little bombing. First, I won't drive it another day without installing either a presure light, or a gauge, on the lift pump havn't decided which. Second, the tailpipe has rusted off behind the muffler so I need some thoughts on what system to get and were to get it (Please keep in mind this is a work truck so it has to be Quiet, also the wife drives it!) Third, I asked my dealer about tabing my Killer dowel Pin while thay were fixing Injection Pump. He said he would look into it. Forth, any thoughts on new injecters, I'm at 5 years and 91,000 miles.
Work that I have already done! tie rod ends, ball joints, half shaft-u-joints, shocks, A/C evaporator. All of this in the last Three months. Also the fuel guage sending unit,but that fixed it self for now.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Depending on what kind of power you are looking for, you could get away with just a fueling box, if you want. I clipped over 2 seconds off my 1/4 mile with my PM3. I got 300 hp to the rear wheels with just the box.

If you have an automatic, you will want to build it before you go far in bombing. At least a valve body but probably a torque converter as well.

Chris
Old 06-11-2004, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY TAIL PIPE WAS RUSTED ALSO SO I TOOK IT TO A MOM AND POP SHOP AND HAD THEM GET RID OF THE CAT, THE MUFFLER AND REPLACE THEM BOTH WITH A 3.5 INCH PIPE AND THEY PUT ON A NEW TAILPIPE ALSO FOR THE WHOPPING PRICE OF 250.00. THE TRUCK RUNS REALLY GREAT NOW. THE SOUND IS NOT THAT MUCH LOUDER AND THE SYSTEM LOOKS GREAT. THE TRUCK EVEN STARTS UP FASTER. IF YOU DECIDE TO GO THAT ROUTE AS FAR AS GETTIN RID OF THE CAT AND MUFFLER DO NOT TAKE IT TO A SHOP THAT IS ALSO A INSPECTION STATION BECAUSE IF THEY DO IT THEY CAN LOOSE THEIR LICENSE.