Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK...after lots of miles both yesterday and today...no matter the power level I can't get the boost over 30 or the EGT's over 1100 WOT up the mountains in WV...the EGT's are equal on both my mechanical gauges and the Adrenaline box but my boost is low by 4-5 psi on the box...power is WAY down (level 8 isn't equal to level 3 on the comp tune) and so is highway mileage. Again only a little surging over level 8 but not bad...plenty of smoke though...

I wasn't watching the EGT's that close when I first put this tune in so I'm guessing the smoothness of the defueling is due to the fact it has never defueled...

I could easily pass 40 boost and 1300 on the pyro set on level 4 of the comp tune (scared me silly )

I'll try out the turbo timer more when I get back close to home...

Anyone got the comp tune with the anti-surge update they can send me...I'll wanna reload it sometime in the near future and I somehow deleted it???
Old 11-20-2007, 07:15 PM

I had to go back to the Factory 6PL because for some reason the Adrenaline high idle was all over the place. Also, when I put my manual high idle on(selenoid & toggle switch), I had a very, very rough idle if I switched off PL00(to deactivate the rough/erratic Adrenaline high idle) to anywhere on PL01-PL10? All those levels had a harsh idle but switching to PL00, the idle smoothed out 100% with my manual high idle. Hope all that made sense...
Old 11-20-2007, 08:17 PM

alright i'm going to get my truck back from the body shop this weekend in quesnel and im looking for ideas on which map i should run... in fort nelson i was fine on teh factory pl06 but soon as i hit the highway the surging ws brutual. even on level 2 i got some. a deer ended the trip sooner then expected though.

ps. im getting 10 psi flat out in pl06 and i got a touch over 1500 for my egts!!! i freaked when i saw that. what is a safe level for me?
Old 11-21-2007, 07:33 AM

I stuck with the latest update and still the high idle won't work for me. The power did seem to come back. I can notice a difference going up through the lvls now. I rechecked all me connections and after that the power seemed to come back, so I guess I had a bad connection somewhere. I will be doing some interstate driving today so I will see if the surge is still present, on these back roads it is hard to hold a steady speed to check the surge. Keep up the great work Quad!
Joe
Old 11-21-2007, 11:13 AM

You guys need to be running the latest update we sent out in an email. If you have a problem with it you need to call us and talk to Justin or someone.

If you start running something different you are not helping us out at all. There is no point in running anything other than the latest thing we have sent out to test.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:38 AM

Does the latest update you emailed out fuel as hard as some of the previous ones?

I have been running it for a few days and the surging is 95% gone. The only time I have got any surging is holding speed going up a hill at about 2200 rpms. I ask about the fueling because it does not seem to pull as hard and my EGTs do not get nearly as hot. Still having trouble with the high idle, when it cuts on its all over the place.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qzilla
JIT and ROWJ,

For some reason I do not have your email or real names?? If you will send me a pm with your real names and email addresses I will put you in the email list.
Still no e-mails??
Sending pm w/ personal info again.

Still running what was shipped to me in box on 11/8. No idea what sw it is.

RJ
Old 11-21-2007, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
You guys need to be running the latest update we sent out in an email. If you have a problem with it you need to call us and talk to Justin or someone.

If you start running something different you are not helping us out at all. There is no point in running anything other than the latest thing we have sent out to test.
I mentioned the comp tune for down the road...as stated above...this tune is WAY less powerful and I'd like at some time in the future to have the comp tune available...I intend to test this box as long as you need on every tune you send...

Nothing new to report...I'm having the same issues...high idle is all over the place and when I jump through the hoops to get restarted the truck is hard to start, that's the other reason I think I need a backup tune, I travel all over for work and I'd hate to get stuck several hundred miles from home on a holiday and nobody is there to answer your phone!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:38 PM

OK, back to the latest file but this idle doesn't sound good on my VP?
Old 11-21-2007, 02:20 PM

OK, this thread is getting way too long and too hard to follow.

When you have any issue come up please email us or call us. It is too hard to go back and forth in this thread to see what the bugs are. We have been pretty laid back about this but, it is just oo hard to follow.

In the last email I sent out, I explained that this was more of a production tune. NOT A COMP TUNE. I know some of you want that available but, that is not going to happen if we do not get the other stuff ironed out first. I went through all of this in my last email.

The tune I sent out should not be WAY less powerful. It is not everything we can throw at it but, it should still run pretty good.

So for the sake of us trying to follow this please shoot us individual emails so we can work on exact problems and they will be easy for us to go back to if needed.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:18 PM
JIT

PM sent!
Old 11-21-2007, 04:18 PM
BBA

Anyone up for starting a new thread for us that have the adrenaline and want to discuss it since this one is gettin so big or does everyone want to just discuss it in this one?
Old 11-21-2007, 04:46 PM
Chapter President

One has already been started. had to dig kind of deep to find it.
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=175006
Old 11-21-2007, 11:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup! Tried....and died. Was brought TTT today.
I think it's a good idea.

RJ
Old 11-30-2007, 08:08 PM

Seeing as how us window shoppers are not allowed on the beta testers page. I just got off quadzillas home page 180hp 420 ftlbs!!! I'm in between truck and already want one. Oh yah just wanted to see this post get to 1000 was my actual motive.

Last edited by t-boe; 12-01-2007 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Profanity using symbols.

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!