Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lundee
Seeing as how us window shoppers are not allowed on the beta testers page. I just got off quadzillas home page holy s**t 180hp 420 ftlbs!!! I'm in between truck and already want one. Oh yah just wanted to see this post get to 1000 was my actual motive.
From a almost stock truck I got 411 HP and 887 TQ...on the first tune offered in a beta unit...it's not just a dyno queen...the bottom end response is awesome!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:40 PM

so i see its now on the website with a price....im guessin its now available??? did all the kinks finally get all worked out??? i have been following this thread and never really saw where it was discussed that everything was fixed and ready for production...just kinda curious on the status...
Old 11-30-2007, 09:44 PM

whoa!! i just saw that, i dont see how it could be production ready yet.. hmmm
Old 11-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Chapter President

I just looked too. You can not click on any of the items to buy. I think Quad is just to build some interest. I know the box is working better, but we still have not even entered stage two of the testing.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by lotero
whoa!! i just saw that, i dont see how it could be production ready yet.. hmmm
That's what I was thinking.....Some vendors are already taking pre-orders.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:55 PM

oh ok, im with ya now, thats what had me confused...like its "already out, and priced" but not yet completely fixed...and i never heard what the "super top secret part" was supposed to be... im anxious to hear the rest, and see everyone satisfiyed with the final product, and i think ill be ordering 1!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 10:53 PM

What a great write up on the Quadzilla Website!!! It just keeps getting better and better...
Old 12-01-2007, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by mx684
oh ok, im with ya now, thats what had me confused...like its "already out, and priced" but not yet completely fixed...and i never heard what the "super top secret part" was supposed to be... im anxious to hear the rest, and see everyone satisfiyed with the final product, and i think ill be ordering 1!!!
regardless of what phase 3 is or isnt it is already leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lotero
...it is already leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.
Not yet.. IMHO. But the potential is definately there!
Recently had some minor trouble with my Adrenaline and am presently running with my Smarty. It's still more fun for driving around town than the Adrenaline.... no annoying stutter/surge.

The Adrenaline WILL be the ultimate chip for 2nd Gen 24v's, as far as I'm concerned, but I'm a little surprised Quad doesn't have an * somewhere saying "still in testing" or "not yet in final production", etc.

RJ
Old 12-01-2007, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Not yet.. IMHO. But the potential is definately there!
Recently had some minor trouble with my Adrenaline and am presently running with my Smarty. It's still more fun for driving around town than the Adrenaline.... no annoying stutter/surge.

The Adrenaline WILL be the ultimate chip for 2nd Gen 24v's, as far as I'm concerned, but I'm a little surprised Quad doesn't have an * somewhere saying "still in testing" or "not yet in final production", etc.

RJ
Yep I agree... Some fine tuning still needs to happen... Smarty is still more pleasurable to drive I agree... However pushing the little button to PL07 is a blast! Very smooth power! Cant wait for the little stuff to get worked out...
Old 12-01-2007, 09:50 AM

Has anyone ran their Smarty with the Adrenaline yet??? Maybe running the Smarty on the even numbers???
Old 12-01-2007, 10:37 AM

Yup, a couple of us have used #2...that I know of! Has to be on even #'s due to timing on Quad Box.

The Smarty makes the surging worse, which would be expected. IMO. Biggest thing I like about the Adrenaline is that fueling is NOT tied to boost! It makes a hugh difference on my set up....due to large injectors.

In two days of running with Smarty only... my exhaust tip and right rear qtr panel are, once again, showing soot build up. And I can accidentally 'cloud' out those behind me in traffic in a low speed, no boost condition.

RJ
Old 12-01-2007, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by bnold
Smarty is still more pleasurable to drive I agree..... However pushing the little button to PL07 is a blast!
Yeah! Missing that... but I'm trying to keep a stiff upper lip, as I make the best of daily driving with only about 425 hp to play with!

RJ
Old 12-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by RowJ
And I can accidentally 'cloud' out those behind me in traffic in a low speed, no boost condition.

RJ
For sure "total blackout". I had a car change lanes behind me after I lost him in the mirror
Old 12-01-2007, 11:46 AM

I have been running the Smarty the whole time with the Adrenaline (didn't want to give up speedo correction). This last tune I have almost zero surging, only minor surging in pl 8-10. I am not running as big of sticks as you guys, maybe that is the difference. I have noticed this last tune seems to be lacking in power compared to some of the previous tunes. I know Quad will get this all worked out shortly. I have to agree this will be the box for the 2nd Gens.
Joe

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!