Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 09:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by J Lent
Ok guys, got my Pulse in. I really like it! I found a nice easy place to mount my pulse, check it out.
Like the look alot!
Did mine same but on far left vent, by drivers door. Also decided to leave the outer cover on. Attached to top of vent it tilts slightly upward (for us taller drivers). Stuffed rag in the vent tube and a small cut to back of bezel to run wires down to firewall... hides cable nicely.
Will work well till I decide if I want to remove A-pillar gauge pod?? Thanks for the idea!

RJ
Old 03-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the truck back from the trans shop and when I get home there is my Pulse waiting. I went with the pillar mount and I am glad I did. It does not interfere with my vision at all. Actually very nice fit over the stock pillar. Just not sure what to do if there are updates for it, since the cable is hardwired, would be kind of nice if it unplugged from the cord. I'll just have to get a longer usb cable. If I decide to go back to the analog gages I will most likely get a dual steering column mount. The pulse is, so far, more than I had hoped. Quad, my hat is off to you, the hits just keep on coming.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RowJ
Like the look alot!
Did mine same but on far left vent, by drivers door. Also decided to leave the outer cover on. Attached to top of vent it tilts slightly upward (for us taller drivers). Small cut to back of bezel to run wires down to firewall... hides cable nicely.
Will work well till I decide if I want to remove A-pillar gauge pod?? Thanks for the idea!

Rj
Mine is mostly a temporary mount until I gain faith in quads gauges. I will most likely just get the pillar mount later & get rid of the mechanicals, but it sure is a nice mounting spot with no cuts or drilling required.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:20 PM

Just got my pulse yesterday. So far so good. I mounted mine on one of the vents right above the radio. Very easy to see and use. One question though...I am assuming several of the features are not usable yet?
Old 03-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pinkston
Just got my pulse yesterday. So far so good. I mounted mine on one of the vents right above the radio. Very easy to see and use. One question though...I am assuming several of the features are not usable yet?
Most of the features aren't useable yet. I think I started a trend with the vent mount. Looks good RowJ!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:49 PM

Gauge readouts work, Tire adjustment and power fine tuning don't.
At least that's my understanding.
Assume directions and fine tuning capabilities are coming as ready?

My question is... programs (ADR100x, ADR200x and Comp Tunes) still need to be loaded into underhood box... correct?
If doable on Pulse, it's over my head.

RJ
Old 03-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Chapter President

I ran the truck with the Pulse. Settings made for EGT and boost defueling. Works like a charm Keep foot on floor and the monitor will flash when limits are hit. I was always worried about overboost more than anything, now the problem is eliminated. This Pulse will surely set the standard for any and all performance boxes in the future. There will be a lot of other products for sale in the classifieds when this is done.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:42 PM
JIT

My Pulse is working great. My main concern was being able to see all the gauges and adjust the Turbo Timer, Warm up temp, and the warnings to the specs that I prefer. I can now do all that! The other features are just a bonus when they are unlocked.

Josh
Old 03-21-2008, 06:25 PM

My question is... programs (ADR100x, ADR200x and Comp Tunes) still need to be loaded into underhood box... correct?
Yep..........
Old 03-22-2008, 04:56 AM

new tunes???

Quad,
When are we going to get new tunes with all the different features that you got resolved for us using the adrenaline with out the pulse. thanks mario
Old 03-24-2008, 11:53 PM

i still haven't been able to flog my truck yet thanks to the snow but it seems i need a bigger pump with some of these tunes. and can't wait for my pulse!!! it should be en-route.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:49 AM

Went to 1/4 mile track Saturday for some serious testing. Most interesting result is that for both ADR1000 and ADR2000 tunes, Pl10 was quicker off line and faster ET's than PL08. This is the opposite of my findings on the Dyno..... where PL08 made more HP.

The original Comp tune was weaker and slower, as Quad has already figured out. More smoke but poorer results. Actually ran VP-44 dry (I believe). Had a heck of a time getting air out of lines after engine died on runout. First time I ever had to loosen more than 2 injector lines to clear air.

Could not open New Comp tune that was e-mailed?? Saved it, added .exe suffix, but would not load?

No Tq Mgmt problems! My street testing was confirmed. Boost comes up quickly and much more easily than with previous Smarty/TST combo!

Anyone interested in all the data from my 12 passes...pm me your e-mail and I'll send a copy.

RJ
Old 03-25-2008, 07:55 AM
Banned

Went to 1/4 mile track Saturday for some serious testing. Most interesting result is that for both ADR1000 and ADR2000 tunes, Pl10 was quicker off line and faster ET's than PL08. This is the opposite of my findings on the Dyno..... where PL08 made more HP.

The original Comp tune was weaker and slower, as Quad has already figured out. More smoke but poorer results. Actually ran VP-44 dry (I believe). Had a heck of a time getting air out of lines after engine died on runout. First time I ever had to loosen more than 2 injector lines to clear air.

Could not open New Comp tune that was e-mailed?? Saved it, added .exe suffix, but would not load?

Anyone interested in all the data from my 12 passes...pm me your e-mail and I'll send a copy.

RJ
You are gonna have a full pm box really fast.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:56 AM

RJ
12 passes, sounds like you were giving her h*** RJ. Anyway, if you have the timeslips scanned I'd be interested in seeing them.

jnj2kidz@aol

Do you not have "ADR_COMP2"?
Old 03-25-2008, 08:07 AM

You know the email Rowland, let 'er rip!

Shawn

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....