Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well for those of you interested in it, the old software DOES work. I gave it a shot again today and I now have a turbo timer, warm-up, and a sweet pulse to play with. Adjusting the TT to work off EGT or time is sweet, and the wait-time for the high-idle is adjustable as well.

Some of the engine parameters aren’t visible in the old software, which I’ll venture a guess to say because the old software wasn’t designed to support the pulse? All that means is things like speed, fuel temp, oil pressure, etc… read zero. I noticed it flashing “warm-up” a few different times. I can’t remember what the issues were with the prior 1018, but that’s what I have loaded right now. I think the “warm-up” was flashing due to defueling, though. Tough to keep track of these things when you have the hammer down though!

EDIT: I just saw Quad's post right before mine. You might wanna wait to see what he says before you try this at home!
Old 03-11-2008, 02:03 PM

Hey Quad, I sent you a PM. Can u please take a look? Thanks.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:22 PM

I downloaded the 2009 tune. so far no surging, turbo timer works, warm up works good, and the high idle feture works good also. So far so good
Old 03-11-2008, 03:26 PM
JIT

Originally Posted by SouthernKrawler
I downloaded the 2009 tune. so far no surging, turbo timer works, warm up works good, and the high idle feture works good also. So far so good
Yes but what about the POWER???????
Old 03-11-2008, 05:56 PM

Quad...any progress for the guys having problems with big injectors? The TS event is right around the corner.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quad, Third mention (after you asked) and no reply from you??

Previous, and newest ADR1003 will not do High Idle on my 02 on a cold start with PL00 set. Tries but only goes to 925 rpm after two min.

When warm and after 3 min of idle (not two), it will high idle.

RJ
Old 03-11-2008, 07:31 PM

Quad...any progress for the guys having problems with big injectors? The TS event is right around the corner.
Funny you should mention this as I just finished sending out a new update for you guys. Load it up and let me know how it works.

Previous, and newest ADR1003 will not do High Idle on my 02 on a cold start with PL00 set. Tries but only goes to 925 rpm after two min.

For some reason that happens on some trucks. Typically what causes it is the grid heaters are cycling and or something like the A/C compressor?? I have seen it do it but, I cannot just command it to jump up or the truck will run rough.

I put our request in and I can monitor it closely once it lets me idle up to keep it at the right RPM but, if it fights me I can only idle it up as high as it will let me.

As usual it does not do it on any of our 3 trucks we test on here which is a real pain! One of these days when you get by here maybe we can look at it? I have seen it do this on one other truck and if you just let it sit there the idle will climb but, I am not sure on exactly how long it takes or what stops it to begin with?

On the 2 vs 3 minute thing, that is a little odd. Does it take your truck very long to idle down? We do not start counting until the rpms are below 1000 and there is no brake or TPS activity. So that it is how we start our timer? Maybe that is something to look at?

When you get home and get your Pulse you can change the delay times on the High Idle and play with it and see what happens as well.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:09 PM

Quad

I was wondering would there be any way to save different tunes on a flash drive. Then be able to change between tunes using the Pulse. Not necessarily on-the-fly but not having to hook it to a computer. Such as if you wanted to run a couple of different tunes on the dyno but won't have access to a computer.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Funny you should mention this as I just finished sending out a new update for you guys. Load it up and let me know how it works.

I wasn't expecting it that soon! You caught me with my pants down! Unforunatley, I'm in the process of lowering the truck and the suspension is out right now. If I don't need to shorten up the driveshaft I should be able to get it out Saturday or Sunday.

Hopefully "Coon Smile" got the email too, since we're setup pretty close and are experiancing the same growing pains. If he runs it without any problems I should be fine too.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ

RJ
My 01 does this as well. Sometimes if I barely touch the throtle I can coax it into high Idle before Disengaging. The very first tune I tried worked perfectly for me (pre 3/7, adr1015) but ever since then I have had trouble.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by JIT
Yes but what about the POWER???????
new interesting info...i downloaded the newest ADR 1006 tune today, and took it out to test. i was absolutely amazed. it pulled harder than any of the comp tunes i tried, and most importantly, WITHOUT stumbling!!! (it would stumble on the older ADR 1006) no fueling issues on any PL's. the only difference other than the newer date of the update was the fact that the temp. outside was actually ABOVE freezing (high 40's or low 50's). maybe the quad or my APPS doesnt like the cold weather??

i took it almost a 1/4 mile WOT and it was pulling way harder than im used to, so i had the blinders on w/ my butt puckered...didnt notice any rpms, speed, egts, fuel pres. or anything. it scared me though

i just got the new comp tune for the guys with big sticks, so ill try it out tomorrow...if its not raining

guys having the stumbling problems associated with big sticks, try out ADR 1006 - turbo timer doesnt work though.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:09 PM

Quad, didn't get the latest tune. Anyway you can send it my way.

ChBrown@cricketcommunications.com
or
gotbutton@aol.com
Old 03-11-2008, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Coon Smile

guys having the stumbling problems associated with big sticks, try out ADR 1006 - turbo timer doesnt work though.

This is something that we broke fixig something else and it is only on the 99-00 trucks it appears.

Regardless we have sent out quite a few copies of an update for this problem and so far (knock on wood) it is all fixed and squared away. So pending on more people chiming in, we should have new updates out tomorrow that fix EVERYTHING!!!!!! Whoo HOOOOOOOOOOO.

I want to get past this buggy crap that we keep breaking adding stuff!!!! Hopefully we are done.

Then we can work on the newer COMP tuning and the Pulse stuff.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
This is something that we broke fixig something else and it is only on the 99-00 trucks it appears.

Regardless we have sent out quite a few copies of an update for this problem and so far (knock on wood) it is all fixed and squared away. So pending on more people chiming in, we should have new updates out tomorrow that fix EVERYTHING!!!!!! Whoo HOOOOOOOOOOO.

I want to get past this buggy crap that we keep breaking adding stuff!!!! Hopefully we are done.

Then we can work on the newer COMP tuning and the Pulse stuff.
i really cant imagine any tune pulling harder than what i have now (ADR 1006) but i hope that time comes!!!...i dont understand why the old ADR 1006 would have the stumbling issues in higer rpms and the new one doesnt??

quad, have you put anymore thought into APPS causing these stumbling problems??
Old 03-11-2008, 10:34 PM

I don't think it was an APPS issue. I think APPS issues can cause issues but, I do not think it was causing the shuddering issues.

I think we had a couple of things getting jumbled up and now that it is operating at 100% it is just working how it is supposed to.

I can send you a version with regular tuning that has all the de-fueling and TT and all that set and working if you want to try it as well?

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....