Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

OK, who's got the highest reving CTD?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 600 Megawatts
Not to use Brandon (joefamer) as an example, but I will. Check out his web site and download the tractor pull video, (I think its Hilliard, OH). Brandon has a quick street truck which holds a dyno sheet with 600 HP and 1,300 Ft*Lbs. Now watch Brandons truck pull that sled compared to Mitchell, Haisely, and Shied.. Do that and tell me those boys dont make 1,000 HP. This is in no way meant to slam Brandon, his truck is a GREAT street rig and Mitchell and the boys trailer their machines there. Just to point out the difference between a dynoed machine of known 600 HP and the ones that are making 1,000 HP+.

Kevin
Yay! I'm famous! To tell you the truth, that was the first hook on that truck where the transfer case worked. My second hook, ever. I weighed in at 6820lbs, 1180 under what every other truck out there was running and on bald tires. If I'd have money to keep up with the repairs, I'd keep on pulling and try to show some of the mean machines up. If you watch the owensville video, you'll notice how the truck handles at 8000lbs with good tires. Sadly, the rookie driver let out the clutch too fast. I need a sponsor to help pay for my mistakes.

I'd like to see an engine dyno sheet from any of the sled pulling shops. I think we'd be surprised at their very narrow power band. I'd venture a guess that it's still under 450hp until after 3000rpm.

brandon.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:43 PM

Its not too hard to get 6th when there is 8 trucks in the class. And the other 2 broke!

Don,
Do you remember this:

"You should try to exhale with nearly 200 PSI of backpressure. It aint gonna happen and for an engine it is not easily done.

To make the engine run at 5000 rpm...what do you need. 35, 40 plus degrees of timing. Well thats just great...start the combustion event way before the piston makes it to the top of the bore. so not only do you have a very large pumping loss on the exhast stroke...you have one on the compression stroke as well.

Wow, what a super high effiicient engine you Hilljacks build. You should get the Pulitzer prize"

Who said that?

Its interesting first 5k rpm made no power? Now its a different story?

Did you change your mind???
Old 02-16-2005, 03:46 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He got third. Read the list for Saturday.

Could you explain the reason several 1000 HP trucks were wipped by a 500 HP 24 valve? Still learning here, I need your help

Don~
Old 02-16-2005, 03:48 PM

With all your help he should have won, right?
How can these trucks possibly beat one of yours?
Old 02-16-2005, 03:50 PM

I wonder whos injectors Van Haisley was running? They must be really good because they beat the best set of injectors in the world YOURS!!
Old 02-16-2005, 05:10 PM
DTR Advertiser

I really need to think this over. Taking a 500 or so HP 24 valve with a stock HO injection pump ( and we know how lame those little pumps are ) and beating not one, but several 12 valves with P pumps that deliver insane fueling levels is not computing. Well its not computing if I use the well known fact that these trucks he pulled against made 1000 or more HP each and even had more RPM.

The only way I can get it to compute is if I lower the HP estimates of the trucks that were beaten.

Please help me here Justin. I need some way to logically sort this out. Provide me with some answers. I wont sleep well till its all figured out.

Do we lower the HP estimates ( thats about all we can do, is estimate since we have no dyno sheets ) of the big dogs or what? I have the dyno sheets for Nolan with the Bully Dogs. I think it was 498 HP. I figure the 6's added a bit more and 550 would be a good guess. So...if truck A has 1000 HP and truck B has 498-550, but truck A does not go as far pulling the sled..well, dang its all so confusing

Old 02-16-2005, 05:37 PM

it sounds to me that truck A was spining the tires alot more than truck B in this case . truck B was hooking up and going and truck A just wasnt putting all the 1000hp to the ground . just the way it sounds to me
Old 02-16-2005, 05:41 PM
DTR Advertiser

That sure could be. 1000 HP sure would have the tendency to spin more than 500.

I think Nolan is hooked on sled pulling now more than ever.

I wish I could afford to break things on my truck with casual disregard. That sled pulling could be fun.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:50 PM

i hear that Don . i just want 400hp untapped for street fun .
Old 02-16-2005, 05:53 PM

This thread started out talking about highest rpm out of a Cummins, here's my two cents:
Kent Crowder is highest........along with the other Scheid built engines such as Van Haisley and Terry Martin.......approximately 6000 rpm.
I mean absolutely no disrespect Don, but I was referring to the exact same post that Justin quoted referring to high rpm being a waste. I just want to know why you have changed your position???? This post isn't about how good your injectors are compared to others. There are a bunch of injector guys out there; if you want to talk HP, why not bring up JR's??? They placed near the top of the heap at Terre Haute last year.

Andy
Old 02-16-2005, 06:03 PM
DTR Advertiser

I did not change my position. Its the same

Don~
Old 02-16-2005, 06:34 PM

Originally posted by Don M
I did not change my position. Its the same

Don~
Old 02-16-2005, 09:15 PM

Ok..

I wanna see these trucks pull, in videos and so forth

what are the sites for scheids diesel? haisley machine and diesel? and kent crowder and them other High Hp fellas?

TxDiesel007
Old 02-16-2005, 09:38 PM

http://www.diesel-central.com/Video/...dgesindoor.wmv

http://www.diesel-central.com/Video/...entcrowder.wmv

http://www.diesel-central.com/Video/...errymartin.wmv

http://www.crankitupdiesel.com/daveglenford.WMV

http://www.crankitupdiesel.com/daveglenfordpulloff.WMV
Old 02-16-2005, 09:50 PM
DTR Advertiser

Here is a photo of one of the 1000HP rippers here;

http://www.enterpriseengine.com/Customer/Stingley2.jpg

And here:

http://www.enterpriseengine.com/Customer/custom5-1.jpg

Justin said at lest one of these 1000HP in a recent thread. Maybe both!

Both of these are heavily modded 12 valves with tens of thousands of dollars poured into mods.

Im so confused.

Don~

Quick Reply: OK, who's got the highest reving CTD?