Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

New Quadzilla High HP Box For 2nd Gen's??

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlue
As a matter of fact, yes, I was sleeping. Wouldn't have made any difference if I did install it yesterday. All I woulda been able to test is to see how much easier it lights the tires up than my TST on wet ground.
Excuses, Excuses!!!!

I just want to know if it has the shudder on your truck.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Banned

I'd love to tell you but you forgot to include the map sensor adapter. So for now everything but the grounds and the map sensor is hooked up.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:41 PM

I hope your kidding.

If not that probably cost someone their job. I remember being on the phone with you and telling them to put the adapters in because your truck was a 2001 truck. Actually i think you said a 01.5??

Please tell me you are kidding.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Banned

Nope. I'm not. Wish I was. The only map sensor plug I have is the one that comes on the main harness. Nothing else. And yes, the truck is an 01.5 and I remember you telling him. But the harness I've got is for the map sensors that have the sliding red tab that locks on. Mine is not like that.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Nope. I'm not. Wish I was. The only map sensor plug I have is the one that comes on the main harness. Nothing else. And yes, the truck is an 01.5 and I remember you telling him. But the harness I've got is for the map sensors that have the sliding red tab that locks on. Mine is not like that.
I hate when that happens.....We're desperately awaiting feedback quad!.....no room for errors.....they delay production.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Banned

Talked to quad. It was an accident that the adapter didn't get shipped out. They are sending one out ASAP. It's no biggie. The box is all but installed so as soon as I get the adapter I'm pluggin the map sensor in and having some fun.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:33 PM

Right on Blue, let er' rip ASAP!!
Old 05-27-2007, 09:39 PM

Whew...would it be an understatement to say interest is heating up...
Old 05-27-2007, 10:11 PM

No doubt. I'm sure there will be many TST box's for sale soon...
Old 05-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by J Lent
I hate when that happens.....We're desperately awaiting feedback quad!.....no room for errors.....they delay production.
I was just joking with quad.....no big deal. I'm just excited to hear the results as is everyone else.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by J Lent
I was just joking with quad.....no big deal. I'm just excited to hear the results as is everyone else.
No you are right.....

You have no idea. Especially when I specifically put in the extra effort to get it out on friday and delivered on Saturday.

Tuesday is going to be rough.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Quad, am I correct in assuming that a box like this won't do anything for an HO guy?

I was always under the impression that the reason HOs lacked power was NOT the lack of suitable electronics, but rather fuel capacity.

jh
Old 05-28-2007, 01:12 AM
Banned

All I can say is I'm very anxious as well. Especially if it does as well as I think it will. I'll let yall know as soon as I get it running.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:43 AM

Same question as HOHN about the H.O, what if if a guy is running a HRVP? Will we still see the high H.P numbers. Thanks for the help...
Old 05-28-2007, 05:22 PM

There is a limit on any pump, SO, HO, HRVP etc. They all have a limit.

We tested on a highly modified truck with a hot rod pump and we made a little more power than a Drag Comp but, our powerband was a lot better. I am not sure if we ran it out of fuel or if at peak power that is all the fuel there is to give? As we test more and more trucks we should be able to get a feel for that.

There are a couple of things we hope to do.

1.) No more shudder
2.) More drivable
3.) Better low end response
4.) Broader Power curve.

Now, in some cases while we might not gain you tons more peak power the overall curve should be better, or that is the goal. This means it should be faster and should drive better which are also on my list.

There are so many combos with injectors, turbos, fuel systems etc, it is hard to know what it will do in all cases.

We did not re-invent the pump or how to control it. We simply took what we knew and combined it with newer technology to allow us to do more with the pump at hand. We have a lot more electronic power to make fueling and timing decisions and that is where we should shine.

It is also more cost effective and as we go along here there will be more things that we are able to release and talk about. Can't spill any beans just yet.

So, time will tell. I do not know if some of the response we are getting is from unhappy customers or simply those that are wanting to gain more power? I have heard a lot of pros and cons to the boxes out now and maybe if we solve a few issues we can make a lot of people happy?

Quick Reply: New Quadzilla High HP Box For 2nd Gen's??