Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

New to the diese world

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the diese world

Whats up everyone my names Jake. I just bought an 01dodge ram 2500 automatic, extended cab short bed. has magnaflow 4in exhaust, k&n intake, and an Edge EZ chip. I live at fort irwin in california. it has a modist lift to it, and like 33' tires.

Im woundering 2 things. 1. what hp and tq am i lookin at here.
and 2. who has got the best powerpackages for the buck. id like to spend around 2500 and get more power. maybe a bullydog turbokit or somethin. all i know is my friends dad has a 99ram and it runs 12.9 and that doesnt sound bad to me lol

so if you know what i should get, let me know what has worked for everyone out there.

oh and do they make that new edge juice edit for the 01 24v?

thanks all.. murph
Old 07-19-2006, 04:32 PM

Welcome Jake!

As for HP and TRQ, Honestly not a whole lot, but that can be changed easily. First thing I would do is get rid of the K/N filter, they are not the best for a cummins motor. Do a search on a BHAF filter, or look into AFE. As for more power, yes the new juice is avaliable for these trucks. It comes with the attitude monitor which has all the gauges you need, Fuel Press., Pyro and Boost. You must have gauges!!! After that you can start shopping for bigger injectors and more air! I dont know about auto trannies, but I 'm guessing you will need to beef it up even before the juice...but someone that knows what they are talking about will tell ya'!
Old 07-19-2006, 05:14 PM

The first upgrade past what you have needs to be in the transmission, That is the weakest link. Considering that a stock auto won't hold a stock engine, you really need to look there first.

Chris
Old 07-19-2006, 05:34 PM

alright keep it comin people, whats a good trans? and where can i get one around LA? i used to be into muscle cars and Edit so i know about engines and everything like that just new to the deisel. if anyone can send me the link to whatever parts i need to buy to kick Edit that would make my money spending simple lol
Old 07-19-2006, 07:04 PM

if you dont get a edge juice with attude you need to get atleast trans temp and fuel pressure and boost and pyro gauges . so you can watch whats going on . as for tranny stuff i pmed you with a shop in you area . well kinda close . i know there tranny guy is good cause i know a truck that he has done a trans on that runs at lacr and is in the 11s
Old 07-19-2006, 08:15 PM

sorry to butt in, but i've heard the k&n thing before. what is the problem with using these filters? i have one now, and if it's not a good thing, then i want to get rid of it. thanks!!
Old 07-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Banned

the k&n filter is know to flow lots of air and open your engine up...but it lets way more dust particles thru, and those dust particles combine with the oil they suck up passing thru the oiled filter, then it can stick to the compressor wheel, throw it off balance and destroy a turbo, or just the amount of dust period getting to the turbo is no good for the bearings, or the engine itself
Old 07-19-2006, 08:26 PM

yeah at least in the gas world i know K&N to be top of the line. So whats the deal with them?

Also if anyone knows like a power package that will get me into high 12's or even low 13's let me know whats the set ups and whats the damage on the wallet. i got the money to do this Edit like this week thats why im so buggin all of you.

thanks
Old 07-19-2006, 08:33 PM

i sent you a pm if you call craig he can tell you what you need to get you there . one of the guys that he set up mostly is running in the low 12s high 11s last i heard .
Old 07-19-2006, 08:41 PM

Well there are many different ways to get in the low 13's. Mine got me 13.4 and is very streetable. If you stack a TST box on the EZ, and add some 100 hp injectors,you should have enough fuel, and KSB1, HTB2, or SPS62 will take care of the air, and a well built tranny, either HTS, DTT, or Goerend. But HTS gets my vote www.htstransmissions.com

Randy