Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

New 4" exhaust installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 4" exhaust installed

After a long couple of agonizing days waiting for the UPS truck to show up, I finally received my new MBRP XP series exhaust kit. I could have kissed the driver but I don't think he would liked it. It was like waiting for Xmas morning to open presents. This was last Friday evening around 5:00PM. By 5:03PM (I had to sweep the floor in my shop quick) I had the die grinder and torch out getting the stock exhaust off. After an hour or so and a few nasty words, it was out. By 7:45 the new kit was in. I layed under my truck for 20 minutes just looking at it. I didn't figuer I would notice the increase in power but WOW was I happy. The noise and the big polished tip adds to the ego as well! -----My wife is so happy!!---
Old 11-08-2005, 10:09 PM

, Yep that was my first thoughts when i put mine on, i was in instant love.
As soon as i turned the key and heard that tone of straight thru exhaust i could not have been happier.

Glad to hear you like your exhaust, its sure fun to drive thru town with buildings on both sides then hammer it and listen to the echo .

Tim.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:34 AM

I Ordered 4" duals on Monday and have been tracking my shipment every day with excitment also. Was really bummed to find out my package was delayed 1 day So now i have to wait untill Friday instead of Thursday. I Dont think i can wait that long it hurts!
Old 11-09-2005, 07:43 AM

I think the MBRP is too quiet compared to my straight pipe, but people could never hear me over my truck in drive-thru's with the straight pipe on MBRP does sound good though
Old 11-09-2005, 08:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guessing the XP from MBRP is the straight pipe??

I have the flow through muffler MBRP. They are an excellent system and worth the little bit extra, IMO.
I talked to Mark at DPP about straight pipe and found out it does not add HP...only noise, which is cool, if that's what you want. I was a little disappointed with the noise on mine, when first installed...but it has mellowed a lot and sounds just right now; or is it better sounding because I have doubled the hp since installing it??

Glad you like yours, H-Guy!

RJ
Old 11-09-2005, 08:12 AM
Banned

HydraulicGuy,

Nothing like seeing a happy MBRP owner 1st thing in the morning!! Glad you liek it, it's the best fitting and best price system out there for the dollar spent. 100% welded hangers, packed muffler etc etc. Enjoy it!

Mark @ DPPI
Old 11-09-2005, 08:28 AM

"After an hour or so and a few nasty words, it was out."

It was the other way around for me.....had old system out using air tools in about an hour, then took 3 hours to get new one in with many of those "words".
Great sound and I think I can hear the turbo winding quicker now!