Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

more smoke please

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
more smoke please

Yes, I know its unused fuel, but i love clouding up an intersection.
I have my plate all the way up, and when i had the stock plate i rolled the star wheel all the way up as well.

I noticed after my new plate, that its not smoking as much, do I need to readjust the wheel for the different plate?

The only spot i get any real smoke, it when TC is locked, but im not spooled up. If i lay into the pedal around 49 mph, i get maybe 2-3 seconds of the thick black stuff, usually enough to make the prius driving tree hugger get off my a%*.

At any rate, I want more. Injector/delivery valve time?
Old 04-18-2007, 08:56 AM

one other thing i forgot to mention, when i put my new plate in, i know for a fact that i forgot to put the boost elbow, or whatever its called on, whats that do?
Old 04-18-2007, 09:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know you may enjoy smoking up an intersection, but that kind of attitude is hurting all diesel owners because the general public thinks it is disgusting, and it won't be long before the smoke police will be out in force against all of us. To me, the real challange is to make big power without the smoke.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:37 AM

Dont take this the wrong way, but It would seem your mother never told you, if you dont have somthing nice to say, say nothing at all.

I didnt say i was gonna fog out the town non stop, I doubt anyone would.

If by chance , your concerned with the smoke police here in Chicago, I would suggest that anyone in law enforcement really has more important tasks.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:52 AM

just as you have stereotyped that driver as being a 'tree hugger' because they drive a prius, that driver will stereotype your smoking diesel truck as the way all diesel vehicles are...smoky.

of course we both know not all diesels are that way, but the general, observing public doesnt.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:08 AM

first of all, i am refering to this particular prius driver as a tree hugger. as the 10 odd bumper stickers commenting on everything from abortion rights, policitcs, to environment had indicated themselves to be.

Now, I am more than willing to clear the slate here, If need be, I will label my truck as the only "smokey" one. that should assure the rest of the diesel drivers are saved from such accusation.

furthermore, I will make a mental note to comment then next time someone says they:
- got a new loud horn, because it hurts baby birds ears
- did a burn out, because the rubber they left on the street could be used to put new roofs on lean too sheds in papa new guinea
- anyone with an exaust bigger than 5/8" , because we dont want people saying how diesels are so loud
-got an amp, or new sound system, because when they go deaf the insurance system will suffer and have to pay for hearing aids.

i will have to watch more carefully, so i can make sure anytime someone does anything that someone else wont like I will be there.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:12 AM

as an afterthought, sorry, im going to far with all this, consider the my comments nonsense.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by smokeyram
furthermore, I will make a mental note to comment then next time someone says they:
- did a burn out, because the rubber they left on the street could be used to put new roofs on lean too sheds in papa new guinea
- anyone with an exaust bigger than 5/8" , because we dont want people saying how diesels are so loud
-got an amp, or new sound system, because when they go deaf the insurance system will suffer and have to pay for hearing aids.
Lol- did you say furthermore? Trust me we're more concerned about new laws being laid down on all of us than a baby bird's eardrum =P Build for power and the smoke will be there =P

Not that I know a darn thing about a 12v, but how about some laser cuts?
Old 04-18-2007, 01:02 PM

Did you slide your afc housing full forward when you installed the new plate? I would thing with your afc full forward and star wheel full forward it would be pretty smokey during low boost situations. After that but in some bigger injectors, But like said above build for power and the smoke will come with it!
Old 04-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Banned

You could put some 370's in it or Laser Cut DV's, on top of what you have now. But you really wouldn't need to add stuff if you regrind your plate to a DEEP #100, modify your AFC to allow the "foot" to go much farther forward, washer GSK, and space out the front plug (or replace it) to extend your overall rack travel. I did just that stuff right there and I could nearly smoke out a 2-lane road at full boost... Now it is even easier! lol You should also advance your timing, I didn't ever think it was that important and WOW in my truck it made a HUGE difference.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Banned

first of all, i am refering to this particular prius driver as a tree hugger. as the 10 odd bumper stickers commenting on everything from abortion rights, policitcs, to environment had indicated themselves to be.

Now, I am more than willing to clear the slate here, If need be, I will label my truck as the only "smokey" one. that should assure the rest of the diesel drivers are saved from such accusation.

i will have to watch more carefully, so i can make sure anytime someone does anything that someone else wont like I will be there.
I like your style. When in doubt smoke them out. Keep it real smokeyram
Old 04-18-2007, 02:41 PM

I'm looking for more smoke too, and its on its way, new turbo, and sticks, sorry i think theres nothing better than sitting at a light with my straight 4" bellowing in some rice burners ear!! Now i get to fill it up with some good ol sooty #2!! Can't wait!!

Capn
Old 04-18-2007, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by BCSCUMMINS
I like your style. When in doubt smoke them out. Keep it real smokeyram
Lol I'll agree