Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Mojave Green TC and DTT tranny internals

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 11:37 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.mojave-green.com/heavy_duty_converters
Old 12-24-2004, 10:39 PM

MikeD: Thanks! I would have never found it if you hadnt posted it . It says about $480 for the heavy duty one without the billet cover. Can they be had for less on ebay? I havent seen any on there latley. Also, my truck is the 23 spline right? I really need to look into buying one sometime soon! I just gotta make myself shell out the money.

Eric
Old 03-20-2005, 04:01 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
UPDATE on Mojave Green TC and DTT tranny internals

Well this is an update to inform y'all after some time with the said combo.

Daniel reported that he had some shifting problems and that the truck was a reaaaal dog off the line.
This was after running the said combo for approximately 1200 miles.
So when he came to me and we did some precise diagnosis on that stuff we found out that A: the governor pressure sensor and solenoid are out of whack, so the tranny is shifting to whatever gear it likes. It will definitely start out in first gear but over 10 mph al bets are off. Checking the pressures and the state of the fluid, contamination of the pan etc we could determine that it was not an internal clutch slipping.

So, the sluggish acceleration was a direct result of an internal failure of the TC- not the lockup clutch but the stator overrunning clutch. Apparently the lack of torque multiplication leads to higher ATF temperatures and some problems in getting the truck up to a speed where you get into lockup.
My opinion now is that since the shifting problems had started a little after the truck got sluggish is that the TC failed and consequentially either the debris (some particles sized approx 0.05" were found in the pan) or the high temperature of the tranny fluid (or a combination of both) took out the governor pressure sensor and solenoid.

I have to state that we did not yet try to resolve the issue with Mojave Green, so this should in no way be construed as a badmouthing of the company. I am simply reporting my findings on using this combo in this single case.

I hope that this update is of interest for the DTRonians and Daniel or I will keep you up to date on what will be done and what the reactions of Mojave green are.

AlpineRAM
Old 03-20-2005, 04:30 PM

Interesting. Keep us updated

Eric
Old 09-14-2005, 10:49 AM

did this get resolved?
Old 09-22-2005, 11:21 PM

Yes, did this get resolved?
Old 09-23-2005, 05:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys I haven't even called them. Still angry and would more than likely tell them where to stick it. I will call them one. Aleats give them the option having the TC sent back to the and see what went wrong. Who knows maybe I will get my $754 bucks back? Other than that and fixed it for good. Called Bill up and ordered 89%. Much more accelleration and tranny never gets hot anymore. Also going to install a 1-2shift 0.41 throttle valve spring and 0.57 2-3 shift throttle valve spring to change up the shifting a bit. For now the tranny is awsome! Guess I should contact Mojave green and let them aleast know abou the failure.

Later!

Daniel