Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Just installed 275's......

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just installed 275's......

And I'm all smiles. With the comp (EZ mode) off, not much of a difference from stock. I wasn't expecting much though. With the comp on it's a completely different animal. I did a couple of 55-80 runs and this thing pulls like a freight train. Even holding it at 55mph in 3rd gear with 10 psi of boost, I can still let out a nice cloud of smoke. 5x5 is insane. EGT's are up by about 200* pre turbo and fuel pressure is down by about 1-1 1/2 lbs at WOT. Tranny temp heats up much faster than I'd like it to but that's probably cause I was really screwing around with it. Never got over 180 though. Once it locks up in OD it drops back down to 140-145*. My 30 psi boost gauge is pointless for anything else other than amusement. It's to early to tell about the mileage cause I've only driven about 10 miles and I was on it the whole way. Around town driveability is much improved. It doesn't take much throttle at all.

The install wasn't to bad. I've done one injector install but I went ahead and got a set of instructions from dodgeram.org. Didn't use them though. I had to break a couple of the HP line nuts loose with a hammer cause they were on there to tight. Much tighter than 28 ftlbs. When we did my roommates truck, it took 10 minutes and lots of cranking to get his truck fired up. Mine fired after the 4th cranking. It ran rough for a little bit and puffed a TON of white smoke but it finally smoothed out. No leaks right now. I'll check after a few heat cycles and see how those are holding up. If your thin like I am, the number 6 injector ain't that bad. I figrued out about half way through that if I used one of the long intake elbow bolts to pry up on the bolt in the top of the injector, the injector comes out a lot easier than just screwing a bolt in and trying to pull it out.

My old injectors didn't look to bad for having dang near 80k miles on them. They were pretty black and had some carbon build up on them but nothing extreme. Oh, and I counted 7 holes in all of them. Just for reference.

All in all, for $283, it was a worth while mod if you've got some sort of fueling box. Otherwise, don't waste your time/money. Time will tell about my tranny and mileage but I'm pretty easy to her so who knows. Thanks for everything yall. I couldn't have done it without yall's help.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:57 PM

off your topic but where and how did you get that 4 pillar pod?
Old 03-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Banned

I built it from fiberglass and bondo.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Big Blue I,m about to do the install also ,could you expalin the long bolt on #6 a liitle more , my plan was to use the short bolts to pull them all , by pullin up on the bolt by hand ( by the sound of it ,they don,t come out that eazy DAMM) I got the comp also ( no wire) , we'll have to race.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:25 PM

Tightness BigBlue glad to hear your injectors came in and went in smoothly

hopein to hear from Y'all soon,
Dom
Old 03-19-2005, 11:29 PM
Banned

Originally posted by caper
Big Blue I,m about to do the install also ,could you expalin the long bolt on #6 a liitle more , my plan was to use the short bolts to pull them all , by pullin up on the bolt by hand ( by the sound of it ,they don,t come out that eazy DAMM) I got the comp also ( no wire) , we'll have to race.
Caper, I used the long bolts on all of them except the back two. It's real simple. Screw the short bolt into the top of the injector, position the long bolt so it's under the head of the little one, using the rocker arm as a fulcrum point, push down on the long one and the injector pops right out. You can do it by hand but it takes some effort. Don't be afraid of pulling on those things. Your not gonna break them.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:33 PM

don't forget about the fuel lines.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:21 AM

I got no box, but the 275's are just a step for me. I like them on a stock truck. They actually got my egt's to hit 1K Yea remember to pull that tube out so the injector will lift out. Kinda forgot on one
Old 03-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Banned

Your saying that before the injectors you couldn't hit 1000*? I'm gonna assume that you have your gauge pre turbo and that something ain't right with your engine. I could hit 1250* on mine with a scotty 2 w/hole and 4" straight pipe. With the comp, 900*. With comp and injectors, 1100*. Very interesting though.

Well, I've put about 100 miles on them and so far I'm really pleased. I'm running the comp on 2x2 right now and it makes for a great around town combo. No smoke unless I floor it, pick up around town is greatly improved, I can cruise at 75 mph with lower boost than I was before the injectors and I can hit 90 like it's nothing. I'll get yall mileage figures next tank. This one is shot.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With the stuff I have on mine, it generally tops out near 900, hard to get it over 1000 and the highest I have seen it is a shade over 1100. The last engine was higher with the Dodge VP, and the original ran 1200 to 1250 max, same stuff on it. Must be in cam timing and I did port the ATS more the last time.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Banned

I guess haulin. Every truck is different also so who knows.