Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

From Jammer 3's to Mach 4.5??

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question From Jammer 3's to Mach 4.5??

I'm wanting to put some 4.5's in my truck in place of the Jammer 3's in the very near future, my only question is will it be a huge difference or will it just be minimal? What do you think the HP gain will be from where I'm at now and will smoke clear up a little compared to these J 3's? Also this 62/13 is it capable of handling the larger injector ok and if so is that the best injector to run or would something bigger be better for over all HP? One last thing what is a injector that is as good as the Mach's but cheaper?? Sorry for all the questions I appreciate what ever you guys can answer!! Chris
Old 10-23-2007, 09:56 AM

Huge difference with less smoke. Way cleaner injector and very, very smooth power. The only downfall is a slight haze at an idle but only on some trucks. Best money you will spend on any mod out there, IMO!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bridleman, I'm not trying to bash anything but you will not get 4x the power of your current setup, although price will be 4X as much. Jammer's are the best 200-300 dollar HP upgrade out there. They are cheap, mine are "dirty" but the price was right. If i were you, I'd check out newera, ddp, II, and F1 and do a price comparison for the 175 HP injector range. You will be surprised how much you can save from one vendor to the next. That said, many will tell you that you get what you pay for so the most expensive are the best. There is a guy in Washington known as "Robinhood", he steals from the rich and does side work for the poor, that hones, flow tests, rehones, reflow tests, pop off tests any thing that you send to him. He will make any set of injectors flow identical, even cheap jammers. So the only real factor if a guy were to go through him is getting a set of injectors with the correct spray angle. He could make a set of Jammer 5's flow an honest 175 HP for a few hundred bucks.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:55 AM

It has been my experience that flow is not everything. I tried a set of ddp injectors that were rated 150hp and flowed more than Mach 4's. The mach 4's were cleaner and made more power. My Mach 1.2's make about 25hp more than Jammer 2's and a bunch less smoke. It probably varies from truck to truck, but less smoke, more power, and better idle are why I run the F1's. If you can have the same results with Jammers, great. But My truck doesn't care for them.

Ron
Old 10-23-2007, 12:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is great that Mach's work well in your application. I'm not doubting anything, this just proves the point further that spray angle is heavily related to smoke production vs power output. What I am trying to say is that xmember should not only shop for injectors that have been pop tested and flow matched, but spray angle technology is a big deal.

True, a set of honed Jammer 5's would be smokey to say the least. You might be dumping 200 HP worth of fuel to get that 175 HP, just saying that any manufacturer can make 175 HP sticks, it's really a matter of how refined and smooth the power is.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Chapter President

I'll add my .02 here... OK I'm done.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bridleman
.... One last thing what is an injector that is as good as the Mach's but cheaper?? Chris
Sorry, does not work that way....with injectors anyway.
If you have budget constraints, then buying less expensive is a way to gain some power.
But it always make me smile to see the only members that think Mach injectors are over priced....are the ones that have never tried them.

I personally know several people that went from others to Mach injectors, AND went up a level or two.
They all saw less smoke, lower EGT's and noticably more power. I did!

RJ
Old 10-23-2007, 02:33 PM

Same here. I thought my Jammers were the ticket, I was wrong. I paid $800.00 for them and the Mach's costed me $1000.00. Worth the $200.00 anyday. The Jammers were great but the Mach's are KING!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 03:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
They weren't Jammers, but my Honed DD2s were smokier than my M4s.

DD2s= 75hp
M4s=150hp.

Way more power AND less smoke than the DD2s, or more accurately, it was tougher to make smoke.

"Less smoke" with a huge injector is a little misleading because you can make gobs of smoke with high-flowing injectors. The pivotal question is how easily they smoke, or the "threshold of smoke." This is what matters to me: how hard can I accelerate without smoke??

With the M4s, I get a lot more "headroom" of driving without smoke. That, and the power is plenty for the air I have. I'm pretty seriously overfueled for a stock charger.

jh
Old 10-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Banned

One last thing what is a injector that is as good as the Mach's but cheaper??
I haven't tried F1 injectors, but have friends who run them. I can honestly say that my truck idles just as smooth with absolutely no smoke without my comp/smarty on. I have said it before & I'll say it again...."I have found the perfect match for the SS62" They are called Dragon Flows & made by Industrial Injection. I have tried the 10 hole Dragon flows & now the 4 flows & the 4 flows are the best match for the SS62. Anything bigger will be hot at wot & not gain you much more hp with the 62. I tow 15k# daily through mountain terrain & have 500hp+ for play at the push of a button. Everyone thinks that bigger is better when it comes to injectors, but that is only true if you are trying to kill the rollers. Match your turbo to your injectors & you will be much happier when you don't even have to look at your pyro. Just my $.02
Old 10-23-2007, 07:55 PM

I've heard good things about I.I. injectors too. They're a little pricier than the Mach's, but I think they use brand new bodies, so you don't have to send your old ones back for a core. You might be able to sell the old ones and recoupe some of your money. J Lent, what h.p. are the 4 flows rated at?
Old 10-23-2007, 08:41 PM

I got to be honest this was what I was looking for, some real world experiences with guys that have a similar set up as I do. I must say I am leaning to the Mach's just because there is little if any bad feed back on them. I am real hesitant though even with the new turbo I just don't want to be caught up in the HEAT issue again. It seems though that most think even though the injector is bigger that doesn't always mean hotter if they flow better. Is that right? I know these Jammers are WAY smokey when every things on Kill!!

BB24: I be curious if you have a name besides "Robin Hood" of who I could contact. PM me if you know thanks.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by afoulk
I've heard good things about I.I. injectors too. They're a little pricier than the Mach's, but I think they use brand new bodies, so you don't have to send your old ones back for a core. You might be able to sell the old ones and recoupe some of your money. J Lent, what h.p. are the 4 flows rated at?
Advanced Diesel Technology is having a sale on II injectors.....might wanna check them out www.smokindiesel.com The 4 flow injectors are rated at 150hp & the Dragon Flow 10 holes are rated at 200+, the 11 holes Super Dragon flows are rated at 250+. They are new cores & can be custom ordered with whatever spray angle that you want or hole pattern. Anyone who has heard my truck idle couldn't believe how smooth it is because it really is smooth. Word of advice though....the Dragon 10's & 11's are a race/sled pull only injector, very smokey on the street unless you have some twins. The 4 flows have no smoke without a box.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:11 AM

I I am real hesitant though even with the new turbo I just don't want to be caught up in the HEAT issue again. .
I would guess, with your set up and any 150+ hp injectors, you will have heat issues. Less with Mach 4.5's than others, but a 62/13 can only do so much.

RJ
Old 10-24-2007, 09:57 PM

RowJ: So what your saying is I should rethink the Mach 6"s