Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

I like it ... I love it... I want some more of it!!!

Old 03-06-2005, 03:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking I like it ... I love it... I want some more of it!!!

I'm talking about my first BOMB. I just installed a 3K GSK I bought from Piers while they were on sale. Man, what a difference it made!! I'm absolutely amazed at the extended upper RPM range my truck now has. Before the mod it had a pretty "peaky" power curve that made me start using the throttle a little at the lower RPMs and then about 24-2500 RPM I would have to push the throttle down faster in order to keep the vehicle & engine speed accelerating in a linear or constant way. Now the low-end throttle response seems a little crisper and I don't have to push the throttle down in order to accelerate at a constant rate. I must also say, it almost make me think it's behaving like it has a 4K GSK due to the fact that it pulls strong up to 3500 RPM with no noticeable de-fueling up to that point. I haven't gone beyond 34-3500 RPM or held it there very long since I don't have the heavy duty 60lb valve springs installed I can certainly see what everyone here means when they say this is probably the best BOMB for the buck. I can almost image what a #10 plate, or something custom similar to it, will do in conjunction with the 3K GSK. Suffice to say, the BOMBing bug has bit me and it's contagious. I'm loving it.

Another thing that I discovered during the install was how easy and accessable the fuel plate is once the air horn is removed (which is also very easy to remove). Once I get my pyro and boost gauges installed my next mod will be the fuel plate. I can't wait!

Steve

PS Thanks to ALL the folks here that have given their advice and findings with all the upgrades and problem solving. I've said it before and I'll say it again - this is a GREAT site with a lot of GREAT people.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have my 3 kgsk and #10 on order...can't wait!!!
Old 03-07-2005, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like it ... I love it... I want some more of it!!! I like it...

Rockyhud,

Welcome to the bomber squad. We fly low & fast till we see the blue lights back there.

It sounds like you have it bad right now. The cure is to do more, of course!!!!

The inny & outy need attention. The air intake could use a BHAF to give it big bad breath
The gutted cat [ pound the stuffing out of it] & muff will allow it to exhale better, till the 4" crawls under your truck.
That will get all the air in & out for you.

Then we will grind a plate for more fuel

After the cheap improves & your wallet is ready-------------

Have fun,

MY WORLD