Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

I expect to ruffle some feathers w/ this one!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I expect to ruffle some feathers w/ this one!!!!!

Firts of all, THANK YOU to the ones that responded to my posts truly wanting to help without making a penny!! I truly do appreciate it!

I made a post earlier. Recieved several views from very knowledgable guys on here, but only one response. I wondered why I didn't recieve many replies, until I was searching around about another question I had (and was thinking about asking, my self). Someone else had the same question. He recieved few responses. But the question he had wasn't unreasonable to ask! He was bashed for asking for info on trying to help his situation because "dealers make money for this info" " do you think we're just going to tell you how to do it?"

It's funny because some think that alot of people on here are looking for "some" racing secret! But alot on here are looking for ways to just help us out! Such as more power for towing!!!! Only!

Thanks, now I'm done!
Old 04-17-2006, 09:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What was the question?
Old 04-17-2006, 09:58 PM

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ad.php?t=99932
Old 04-17-2006, 10:11 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You probably received few responses because the moving the stock plate forward question has been asked literally thousands of times
Old 04-17-2006, 10:48 PM

Typically it can take a few days to get a good bit of responses from the people around here. Don't expect sub-1 hour response times unless you've brought up an innovative or touchy subject. In other words, give us a break man!

brandon.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by joefarmer
Typically it can take a few days to get a good bit of responses from the people around here. Don't expect sub-1 hour response times unless you've brought up an innovative or touchy subject. In other words, give us a break man!

brandon.
especially during the day when many people are at work
Old 04-18-2006, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by berok
I wondered why I didn't recieve many replies, until I was searching around about another question I had (and was thinking about asking, my self).
*Bingo* Searching helps a lot. Chances are someone has asked the same question before. But keep in mind that this is a big forum and some posts get overlooked, and some guys won't respond unless they have something too add to the discussion. A ToTheTop TTT helps sometimes =P
Old 04-18-2006, 12:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree, searching these forums is your best bet when you need help now.

Next step is the Help forum if you are really in a bind!

Post a thread if you can do without an answer for a day or 2.

Rick

P.S. I'd be hard pressed to doubt what Dusty told me and I would think that a thank you is in order from you.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Banned

I found that sometimes it all depends on what you are asking and how specific you get!!! Sometimes if it is about a certain product such as the fuel plate you were talking about..........some people will read it, but if they don't have that exact product you are talking about they feel it is not appropriate to respond because of that fact. They could throw some wild answer out there and give you false information and like me, I'd rather not do that!!!!

I have posted many new threads about things and have only gotten a small number of repsonses back and plenty of views. I wouldn't take it personal, it really does depend on the question you are asking and if people have any knowledge about it!

~Nick
Old 04-18-2006, 10:35 AM

I asked a very similar ?? myself awhile back when I got the stage IV bullydog plate & it seemed to me there were just very few people who were using the bullydog plates???? seems most either go with a TST or they grind their own, I did find a couple of people who were using the bullydog plates, but my ? involved the way they mark their plates ( they use punch marks on the bottom) & most guys couldn't remember what they had when installed, so I finally got a knowledgable guy from bullydog on the phone & got the ? answered through them, do yourself a favor & don't get too discouraged with this site or the people on it just yet, you'd be surprised how much time,$,sweat,blood,& tears this place has saved me!!!!! I can't count the times I've had a problem & within 10 minutes of this site had all the answers as to how to fix it, like mentioned above the ?'s regarding this plate & that plate have been asked alot & I probably should have mentioned to ya about the search option in these forums, might have saved you alot of time & aggrovation, but anyhow stick around & by the way I sent ya a PM back, had a couple ?'s regarding your rig so hit me back & we'll see if we can get another bombing bug up & goin'!!!!!! Dusty
Old 04-18-2006, 01:57 PM

Thank you for the help, Dusty! I appreciate your time and patience..... Also to the rest of you for your honest opinions....