Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Help me w/stacks...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have used to have the elbow and y split setup and now i have the square tubing....i'll NEVER go back to the elbows ...square tubing all the way!....easier to line up!...the square tube takes up less space and looks cleaner! and is much thicker steel...i can have gravel dropped on that all day long and not blink twice
Old 03-04-2006, 12:27 AM

Nothing wrong with Square tubing!! sounds just the same!, and easier to mount and to weld up!, I cut a hole in the top of mine just above where the exhaust comes in from down tube, and welded a piece of angle iron upside down on the piece I cut out, then welded it back in place, helps channel the exhaust , that and I angled my ends of the tubeing to channel it also. , also made a heat sheild for the stuff floating around in the bed, got one made just like dieseldudes top cover also, just got to put it on!
Old 03-04-2006, 12:30 AM

Nothing wrong with Square tubing!! sounds just the same!, and easier to mount and to weld up!, I cut a hole in the top of mine just above where the exhaust comes in from down tube, and welded a piece of angle iron upside down on the piece I cut out, then welded it back in place, helps channel the exhaust , that and I angled my ends of the tubeing to channel it also. , also made a heat sheild for the stuff floating around in the bed, got one made just like dieseldudes top cover also, just got to put it on!
Old 03-04-2006, 12:53 AM

man shawn i need stacks... also you should come up on the 18th to ND i would like to meet ya but if not i'll have to come down to iowa next time i'm home for a couple of days
Old 03-04-2006, 02:09 AM

make it look clean

Younger brother has 5" into 6" stacks. Run 5" to the bed you can make your own "t" cut the backs out of 2 90 deg bends weld them together. Build 2 square boxes ( have to measure) to fit between bed and fuel tank. Cut a 5" hole in the side of both boxes.(needs to be big enough to slip exhaust into hole.) Cut a hole into top of both boxes weld a short piece or round steel to the top hole so the stack will slide over top of it. He has some small bracing to the truck bed. Still has a full length bed. (no boxing in required) He has run this setup for three to four years and no problems with heat transfer to fuel tank. If you would like to see pics pm me and I will try to get you some.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:10 AM

with mine i got all mine from a used truck wreker.i used 5inch stacks and a 2 5ich elbows and a piece of chrome 5inch pipe,i cut a hole in the 5inch cross piece and lined it up with my factory exhaust,i only had to drill a 3 inch hole in the box directly on top of the factory exhaut,i welded a piece of 3inch pipe the cross piece then conected that to my factory exhaust with a piece of flex,looks awsome,only a 3inch hole in the box and no huge wye pipe.