Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Glacier diesel lift puumps good or bad

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Glacier diesel lift puumps good or bad

I am looking to buy a new lift pumps for my dodge and from what I have read the walbro pumps from glacier diesel is a pretty good set up, especialy for the price. I know fass makes a killer pumps but I can't see spending that much on that when I can achieve the same results for half. Has anyone heard or used these set ups before?
Old 05-14-2007, 01:39 PM

Sorry but I cant answer your question about GDP's pump kits. But I do have their Big Line Kit, and Im very happy with the kit and they were more than willing to answer any questions I had!!
Old 05-14-2007, 02:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have the Glacier kit, but the Walbro is working very well. It is quiet, puts out lots of fuel, and so far has been flawless. I used a swagelok bypass poppet valve plumbed at the inlet to my VP44, with the return line plumbed into the filler neck ventline. I see a minimum of 12 psi when at WOT, with the Xzillaraider set on PL2. Normal idle is at 19-20 psi, and cruising at 15 psi. I might adjust the poppet for a smidge more pressure, but I have read mixed opinions on how high is too high. Since I have no hardstarts or other issues, I am leaving well enough alone for now. My only reservation to the well equipped Walbro systems out there is the location of the bypass valve at the pump instead of the VP44. I prefer the bypass to be after the filter and at the inlet, so all fuel has the opportunity to pass the pump. I plumbed my mech. FP gauge prefilter to monitor filter plugging, and have a low pressure light sensor at the inlet for any possible line failure post-filter. I have confidence in my bypass valve, as it has a pretty good industrial spring to seat the plunger below set pressure. It is adjustable from 3 to 50 psi, so I am well within specs, too.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:35 PM

Iv been running a walbro pump from them for almost a year now. Couldnt be any happier. Ive had stock pumps, holley and stock, then 2 holleys together. They were a waste of money. I can drive around now with out even thinking about looking at my fuel pressure.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:37 PM

Ive had the Glacier kit for a year, bout 20k miles. Works good no problems.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:37 PM

Mine works great too. I love it. The only problem I had with mine was at 20 below the regulator would stick and I would have zero preasure. One phone call and the problem was solved. I had to take off the regulator, take it apart, and sand the valve with some 600 sand paper. It took about 10 minutes to do it and it has worked fine since.