Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

FAST Cooler is leaking

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAST Cooler is leaking

The Fast Cooler on my 6-spd manual has recently developed a slow leak and there's nothing more frustrating to me than leaking oil all over my driveway. I've checked all the hardware and its nice and tight so it hasn't come loose. However, it hasn't leaked until just recent so not sure what the deal is. Anyone else have this problem or just me? Any suggestions??
Old 11-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Did you contact the vendor?

Are these still for sale? I recall they were very popular and then the interest seemed to drop off.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:10 AM

I used the high temp seal on mine and no leaks.. They have been on 5000 miles or so...

Did you use and sealant on them???

Rick
Old 11-11-2004, 12:21 PM

Nope, I haven't contacted the vendor but then again, this was installed by the previous owner before I bought the truck. I have several thousand miles on it since I bought the truck and its just now started leaking. But I've checked the bolts and nothing is loose. Its all torqued down tight. That's why I can't figure out why all the sudden its started leaking. Mine is dropping more than a drop or two per day. To be truthful, the only thing I really like about this thing is the clear window so I can quickly and easily keep an eye on the fluid level. That seems to be the difference between mine and the one pictured. I'm still debating on whether or not to pull it off and try and re-seal it, or just ditch it and put the stock plate back on but wanted to see if there were any similar experiences on here first.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:35 PM
Banned

The previous owner must have done some heavy hauling to need a tranny cooler on a manual tranny.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:11 PM

Originally posted by BigBlue
The previous owner must have done some heavy hauling to need a tranny cooler on a manual tranny.
Yeah, in a round-a-bout way you could definitely say that. Previous owner was Nathan (aka Idaho CTD on this board). I still can't figure out why that guy needs three of these diesel trucks!