Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Fass problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fass problem

Hey Yall!
I just started my truck and noticed i didnt have any FP . I shut it off and flipped the key... no fass! I've got mine straight wired to the switch because my Factory lead wire didnt hold current. I checked the fuses and it blew the one for the switched voltage. So i changed it and it kicks the relay but still no pump. Go get the wrecker and haul it to the house (great feature of having wreckers at hand) i went to check the brushes and one cap falls apart in my hand! By no means and im complaining im very happy with my fass system but i was just wondering what would cause the pump to just Stop working? I had been noticing that i wasnt starting well, slow turnover. Thought maybe i had a short but im starting to wonder if it was a fass issue.
thanks for anyhelp!
Old 07-14-2006, 04:41 PM
Banned

Wait for Diesel Dan to respond..........he is the FASS guru and can probably help you out........he usually checks these forumns a lot so he should reply soon.

~Nick
Old 07-14-2006, 06:59 PM

How did you do your connection for the FASS? You have the harness with the Relay? With the motor you have, it is very important to have a good, clean connections to the BATT if you are running an isolated circuit. Try tapping on the motor to get it running again.

Sounds like you need brushes and brush caps if you so choose to keep your motor. We do have a motor update going on that might be worth looking into. It will renew a 4 year motor wnty and give you the current motor we are running on our FASS systems now.

If you want to keep the motor you got, pull both brushes out and clean the brush slides with a cotton swab and some sort of electrical cleaner. Then inspect the brushes for corrosion. If the spring is in good shape, you might be able to reuse the brush. Just go to town with some emery cloth on the brush and on the end with the metal tang. This is important to get this clean due to this is the connection that transfers power to the motor armature.

A FASS dealer can get you brushes and brush caps for your unit.