3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

FASS Motor Update Campaing....starts today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FASS Motor Update Campaing....starts today!

We have been talking about a motor update program for the units that still have the serviceable brush motor. This program would allow....

FASS SN#: xxxx - 4930

HPFP (150 GPH) SN#: xxx - 912

HPFP (95 GPH) SN#: xxxx - 1017

.....and older (lower numerically) to be eligible for an update to the new EM-1001 motor (and updated T-block for the FASS) at a reduced price. We are going to offer this upgrade for ($175.00) for the FASS and ($195.00) for the HPFP (New/Better billet hanging bracket needed for HPFP install).

We will require a $175 Core for the FASS and $155.00 core for the HPFP. All cores will be refunded when the older motors, motor bases (and T-block for FASS) arrive at DPP for inspection. All cores are subject to verification. Only serviceable motors will be accepted in this campaign. DO NOT JUST SEND IN YOUR UNIT! IT WILL BE REFUSED IF IT DOES NOT HAVE A DEALER ISSUED RMA#. ALSO a SN# will be needed.

We will also be offering a 4 year warranty covering these new motors. New warranty paperwork will be sent out with each motor replacement. The customer will need to fill this out and return it to us along with a purchase receipt. This new 4 year warranty will cover the motor ONLY. The customer will have 30 days from date of purchase to send in the registration card with a copy of the sales receipt.

This program will run from 5-23-06 until 12-1-06. After Dec. 1st, all prices will go back to the current pricing in our pricing catalog.

Part numbers to use when contacting your dealer:

RP-1001 (FASS 95 GPH) $175.00 Core

RP-1002 (FASS 150 GPH) $175.00 Core

RP-1001-HPFP (95 GPH HPFP) $155.00 Core (New SN# will be issued)

RP-1002-HPFP (150 GPH HPFP) $155.00 Core (New SN# will be issued)

(Let them know this is for the motor update campaing)

This is our way of saying thank you for sticking with FASS through the years!
Old 05-23-2006, 01:20 PM

Thtas some customer service!!
Old 05-23-2006, 04:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Great idea!
Old 07-12-2006, 05:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
So what does the new motor give me? Is it brushless? What other advantages does it have?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 07-12-2006, 05:23 PM

It has brushes. The brushes are 100% hard wired from the connector to the armature. Meaning no pressure connections to corrode like the brushes in the first motors had. This is why it was important to seal the brush caps with silicone or grease. These motors are 100% Sealed to keep moisture out…..again preventing corrosion. The brush itself is of better, more durable material.

The T-Block will be updated with a block that has a high pressure relief. This will keep the motor at the correct amperage even if the pump dead heads and filters clog up.

You also get a chance to renew a 4 year wnty on the motor if all the wnty paper work and proof of purchase is sent in.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel_Dan
It has brushes. The brushes are 100% hard wired from the connector to the armature. Meaning no pressure connections to corrode like the brushes in the first motors had. This is why it was important to seal the brush caps with silicone or grease. These motors are 100% Sealed to keep moisture out…..again preventing corrosion. The brush itself is of better, more durable material.

The T-Block will be updated with a block that has a high pressure relief. This will keep the motor at the correct amperage even if the pump dead heads and filters clog up.

You also get a chance to renew a 4 year wnty on the motor if all the wnty paper work and proof of purchase is sent in.
I bought the FASS 150 gph about 14 months ago,would this fall into this upgrade?Thanks,coobie.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:39 PM

Is your SN# before the numbers listed?

FASS SN#: xxxx - 4930

HPFP (150 GPH) SN#: xxx - 912

HPFP (95 GPH) SN#: xxxx - 1017
More than likely....yes...you have the first motor......we didnt start with the nonservicable motors until Nov. 05 IIRC.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:03 PM

Question leaking pump

Dan I purchased a 150 gph pump w/o fuel filters from TST apprx. May of this year. My question is the pump drips fuel from the pump body between what looks like where the two halves are connected together. It's not comming from the hose connections as they are tight. I also tried to tighten the 4 bolts on the top of the pump, and they are tight. The drip is not bad, and it is most noticible when you are parked and the truck is idling. How do I get a warranty repair/replacement as I need my truck as a daily driver? I live in Utah, is there a place in Utah that will accept a warranty exchange even though I purchased it from TST? Someone like Industrial Injection in Salt Lake City?

P.S. the drip started right after I installed the pump.

Thanks, Steve
Old 07-13-2006, 08:16 AM

Check the weep hole.......see if its coming from there.

We recommend that you go back to your selling dealer....but if II is that close to you, i don’t think those boys will mind helping you out. What you need to do is give them your SN#. Then they need to get in touch with me and get a RMA# for return and a Replacement pump ordered. I will ship a Replacement pump to whomever, and you install it. Then you get your pump back to the dealer or send it back to me with the RMA# on the box. We charge full price on these pumps until we receive the old units back and confirm the issue. This is because a few bad apples ruined it for everyone else.

If you can put your truck back to stock, you can try to pull the HPFP base off and check the condition of the O-ring. That is really the only thing in there that can be leaking between the halfs. I have never had that gasket leak. I can get you an O-ring out to you with no money out of pocket. But only try that if you can use your stock LP again. Once you open it up if the O-ring is pinched, it prob wont seal again.

If the leaking is comming out of the weep hole...you will exchange the unit like stated above or send it back to me. There is no in-the-field-fix for that at this time.

Either way, you have some options...
Old 07-13-2006, 10:53 PM

Question

Check the weep hole.......see if its coming from there.

We recommend that you go back to your selling dealer....but if II is that close to you, i don’t think those boys will mind helping you out. What you need to do is give them your SN#. Then they need to get in touch with me and get a RMA# for return and a Replacement pump ordered. I will ship a Replacement pump to whomever, and you install it. Then you get your pump back to the dealer or send it back to me with the RMA# on the box. We charge full price on these pumps until we receive the old units back and confirm the issue. This is because a few bad apples ruined it for everyone else.

If you can put your truck back to stock, you can try to pull the HPFP base off and check the condition of the O-ring. That is really the only thing in there that can be leaking between the halfs. I have never had that gasket leak. I can get you an O-ring out to you with no money out of pocket. But only try that if you can use your stock LP again. Once you open it up if the O-ring is pinched, it prob wont seal again.

If the leaking is comming out of the weep hole...you will exchange the unit like stated above or send it back to me. There is no in-the-field-fix for that at this time.

Either way, you have some options...

Thanks, for the info. Can I contact you directly for a RMA# and you bill me full price for a replacement, ship my current pump once I make the exchange back directly back to you? If I can do that no need to involve II? Where is the weep hole located? What is the purpose of the weep hole? Another member I just met in Utah today has the same problem? Since I can't see if it is dripping when driving, it appears to happen when you are idling for a while? It's like there is more back pressure or something. I notice the pump dripping after parked and idling for approx. 3 minutes, then it drips about 1 drip every couple of minutes?

I will be out to Bully Dogs event this weekend, so it may take a few days to respond back to any reply you make to me regarding this issue.

Thanks again, Steve
Old 07-14-2006, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by HeberRam
Thanks, for the info. Can I contact you directly for a RMA# and you bill me full price for a replacement, ship my current pump once I make the exchange back directly back to you? If I can do that no need to involve II? Where is the weep hole located? What is the purpose of the weep hole? Another member I just met in Utah today has the same problem? Since I can't see if it is dripping when driving, it appears to happen when you are idling for a while? It's like there is more back pressure or something. I notice the pump dripping after parked and idling for approx. 3 minutes, then it drips about 1 drip every couple of minutes?

I will be out to Bully Dogs event this weekend, so it may take a few days to respond back to any reply you make to me regarding this issue.

Thanks again, Steve

We ask that you go though a dealer for wnty and trouble shooting. This keeps them in the loop so they see the issues and can better help the end customer. The weep hole is to let you know if you have a leak....just like a weep hole in a water pump. If that shaft seal starts to leak, and there was not a hole, it will go to filling up the motor with diesel.

The weep hole is on the Motor base. It will/should be facing down. The HPFP is easy to find....the FASS its a bit harder due to the pump/filters/base being in the way. I suggest cleaing off the system with some brake cleaner and start from square one. Then let it idle and see exactaly where its comming from.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So I'll be the jerk to ask the obvious question:

Why wasn't this stuff included in the original design?
Old 07-14-2006, 10:04 AM

This particular motor wasn’t available at the time of original production.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by HOHN
So I'll be the jerk to ask the obvious question:

Why wasn't this stuff included in the original design?

Post #12 huh? Either you are gettin more patient or you have been in a coma.

Well, at least someone asked. Thanks

......................Jim
Old 07-15-2006, 08:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dan, I haven't had any trouble with my FASS II since it was installed 02/05. Should I get the updated pump anyway?

Quick Reply: FASS Motor Update Campaing....starts today!