Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

DTT vs. Goerend

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RickCJ
A tighter tc will cause you to have less low end torque!
Actually TQ should be the same or higher for a given rpm with a tighter TC. The speed at which you obtain a a given rpm will change though..... Choosing the proper TC is very important when upgrading a tranny its not "one size fits all". The TC needs to be matched to the engines HP output and customers intended use.

Doug
Old 12-13-2005, 07:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jetpilot
Actually TQ should be the same or higher for a given rpm with a tighter TC.The speed at which you obtain a given rpm will change though.....
Doug
Thanks Doug! That finally explains one of the big differences I noticed when I installed my DTT. My low end torque felt noticably stronger....but I was reasoning it backwards.....knew I liked the results but could not figure out the why?

RJ
Old 12-13-2005, 08:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just ordered a pile of DG parts for my tranny, I will install them this weekend and install the tranny over the Holiday!!
Old 12-13-2005, 08:23 AM

Actually TQ should be the same or higher for a given rpm with a tighter TC. The speed at which you obtain a a given rpm will change though..... Choosing the proper TC is very important when upgrading a tranny its not "one size fits all". The TC needs to be matched to the engines HP output and customers intended use.

Doug

OK but with a stock engine the tighter tc will make it bog until the rpm and boost get higher.

I quess that's why you have them set-up for the hp level you are at!

When I turn the comp box off the truck will bog at low rpms' with the comp on the truck has enough power to pull at low rpms.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:53 AM

Rick,

Is the bog you describe with your 5 speed truck? An automatic truck has totally different driving characteristics than a manual..... Both have their plus' and minus'. But normally speaking even the tightest TC will come up onto rpm quicker than a manual if conditions are equal. Also you comp box changes a lot more than just adding fuel there is timing of the injection event etc.

Doug
Old 12-13-2005, 10:54 AM

Rick,

Is the bog you describe with your 5 speed truck? An automatic truck has totally different driving characteristics than a manual..... Both have their plus' and minus'. But normally speaking even the tightest TC will come up onto rpm quicker than a manual if conditions are equal. Also you comp box changes a lot more than just adding fuel there is timing of the injection event etc.

Doug
Doug,
I'm talking auto trucks, a stock truck with an 89 DTT will bog really bad at low rpm's, under 1600, where a stock tc will be so loose it will never be below 2000 rpm. Yes a DTT tc is night and day better than stock!!
Rick
Old 12-13-2005, 04:42 PM

By turning the Comp off, you did away with the timing advance, which will make it seem slower off the line, until the boost hits. Like Doug has been stating, you have to match the TC to the power. What's why timing is critical, on 12 and 24V trucks.

It may seem slower, but in actuality, the truck starts moving sooner than with a stock TC, especially with a load.