Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Dragon fire vp44 and silver bullet

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 12:23 PM
TDX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dragon fire vp44 and silver bullet

Just got off the phone with II. New dragon fire vp and silver bullet 66 on the way. My wife is probably going to kill me if she finds out but you only live once. The original pump is dead anyway so it was time for a new one. So... As you can see in my signature this is a huge step for me and the truck now will be not as road freindly but can someone recomend a clutch to hold the new power. I would like to drag race it on the weekends and maybe try a sled pull once a year. If anyone is running the new pump can you please comment on it.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:37 PM

Call south bend or ValAir and they will set you up with what you need. If you can swing it, I would get a double disk.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be looking forward to hearing some feedback on that pump, let us know how it goes oh yea and go luck with the wife
Old 03-03-2009, 03:01 PM

You also might want some bigger stix with that thing. Around 200hp.

As for clutch Id go with a street DD from either SBC or Valair.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:19 PM

Were going to have to meet up and do some test runs if you can wait for me. If your pulling with it you'll need a double disc, if not I'm happy with my south bend single so far.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:49 PM
TDX

Originally Posted by Crazydave
I'll be looking forward to hearing some feedback on that pump, let us know how it goes oh yea and go luck with the wife
I will let everyone know how she works out. parts should be here in a week or so. I wont be able to truly test until i upgrade the clutch but i will be able to test how it idles and how streetable it is. The guy i spoke to said that they have hit over 900 hp with this pump. i am not sure what the exact setup was though. I have not been this friken fired up since i bolted on my first comp box.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:23 AM

If you are looking at drag racing, I'd seriously consider the Haisley drag clutch. Supposedly shifts faster than either Valair or SBC. If pulling, go with the latter two. Either way, get a double disc clutch.

You will have to come out to our dyno day whenever we get a date set. I'll be very interested in how those new pumps perform. Did they say anything about going to bigger injectors?
Old 03-04-2009, 07:01 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With a Silver 66, hope your truck isn't your daily driver. That thing is gonna be a monster.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Tate
If you are looking at drag racing, I'd seriously consider the Haisley drag clutch. Supposedly shifts faster than either Valair or SBC. If pulling, go with the latter two. Either way, get a double disc clutch.
You will have to come out to our dyno day whenever we get a date set. I'll be very interested in how those new pumps perform. Did they say anything about going to bigger injectors?
x2, thats what Ive heard and I can tell you my SBC doesnt shift that fast.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:52 PM
TDX

I know the six speed aint the best for draggin but i definatly want to try to drag race with it. They said there would be no issues with that size injector either. I am hopeing the turbo is not to big but if bigger sticks are needed then they will come. Where is the dyno day held?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:23 AM

Probably at AFI in Edmonton, still working on a date though.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:58 AM

Probably at AFI in Edmonton, still working on a date though.
Yup AFI does good dyno work and tuning. And their Dyno won't let rubber burn on high HP trucks like I've seen on mustang dynos.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:45 AM

Haisley clutches are diaphragm operated like southbend's new street dual disk I'm running. I think you're right that diaphragm clutches do shift faster but in my experience the lever clutches give a lot better control over clutch engagement.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:34 PM

You'll love the pump, its got way more power than the SO. I ran a 12.83 last Thursday with no chip or programmer.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:39 PM
TDX

Originally Posted by smokin24valve
You'll love the pump, its got way more power than the SO. I ran a 12.83 last Thursday with no chip or programmer.
What is your set up. Injectors/turbo/trans? I am interested to see what the horsepower gains are. II told me the pump warranty would be void if i tap the pump but they said a smarty stack works great.

Quick Reply: Dragon fire vp44 and silver bullet